am i crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxelder barron

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a out building were my presure tank is along with fridge and beer that i heat with the wood stove.I keep a pile of firewood along the wall and every once in a while i hear a mouse trap kind of snap.Am i hearing wood crack?Oh yea i keep it about 80 in there.

If the wood is already seasoned when you store it, I would consider the pressure tank. The pressure switch can make a fairly loud click when it activates. Also, If the pressure tank needs air added, the bladder can pop pretty loudly when the tank is refilling with water. I can give you more specifics about the tank if you would like.

burning any sassafras?

Sassafras used to be considered back luck to burn.Lots of houses burned down because of it.

i have a out building were my presure tank is along with fridge and beer that i heat with the wood stove.I keep a pile of firewood along the wall and every once in a while i hear a mouse trap kind of snap.Am i hearing wood crack?Oh yea i keep it about 80 in there.

I prefer to drink mine cold. :laugh:

it/s large rounds of long dead cherry i cut about a month ago.If you watch you can see it split every once and a while.

Okay. I cannont diagnose whether or not you are crazy. I can tell you I have heard our wood making the snapping/splitting sound. I brought in some damp (not green) Red Oak and had it setting withing 2' of the wood burner stove. Twice in the last week I have heard it snap and pop. One time was fairly loud.

Yeah, you're crazy. That'll be $75. Have a nice day.:D

Back