Amazing!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What.jpg

I wish someone had been there to get the dumbfounded look on my face.

Just finished that cut, pulled saw up out of the slot and the bar cover, bar and chain flopped off!!!.

That 361 of mine is notorious for the bar nuts coming loose. I have lost a few over time but this is the first time both came off. That it all stayed together until the cut finished is amazing! I even found one of them when I loaded the rounds. Laying right there on top of the trash.

I carry spare bar nuts just because of that but I should learn to check those bar nuts.

Harry K

that would shock me too
I have never had my bar nuts come loose on my 361
and to think, I was worried I was overtightening mine. Sounds like I need to!

The first thing I seen was that stem on the ground with about 1 foot on either side. AND You hit the mark precisely. i seen the bar and chain , l just thought you was in a hurry to change out for a different setup for bucking on the ground.

WoW ! How it held together to finish the cut is beyond me. just WoW !

Take a trip to the hardware store and get those nuts with the teflon lockers built in.

The first thing I seen was that stem on the ground with about 1 foot on either side. AND You hit the mark precisely. i seen the bar and chain , l just thought you was in a hurry to change out for a different setup for bucking on the ground.

WoW ! How it held together to finish the cut is beyond me. just WoW !

I can't take a lot of credit for the drop. I was weighted and leaned jsut about perfect. As long as one aimed the felling cuts directly at the slot it was going there.

Here it is still standing:

tight.jpg

Harry K

I found that plastic bar covers without steel inserts lose nuts like crazy. 361 should be alum though, weird. Get the nylock nuts for it. Problem solved, and there cheaper than OEM nuts.

Don't look like it would have been a total loss if it would have hit that shed on the way down. The outhouse though would have been a differant story.

Scrub the clutch covre bolts clean wtih a degreaser and get the oil residue from the oiler off there...I had the same issue with my craigslist 346xp, no matter how hard I cranked them, the nuts just vibrate loose. Got al the oil off the threads and now they stay where I put them.

Back