American CLS Price Increase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckethead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We've been at possibly upgrading our Huskee 35-ton splitter to an American CLS splitter. We have narrowed it down to an AM-25S, AM-25ST or an AM-25HW. Regardless of the model we are looking for a Honda engine, log lift, 4-way wedge, and catch pans.

Today I took a trip to the local dealer to get some pricing. They were very nice but immediately showed me a letter from American CLS to their dealers advising them of a 3.6% price increase and that fenders, safety chains, and catch pans will no longer be standard features on their splitters.

I guess it was inevitable--the price of steel is up and the transportation costs of all components is going up with rising fuel costs. I just wish it happened AFTER we bought the new splitter...damn the bad luck.

even with the price increase they are worth every penny.

i have the 24hh and i love it.i wouldn't buy another motor 13 hp or smaller besides honda.starts on the first pull,runs smooth and sips gas.i have the 5.5 HP .i cannot recommend the larger tires or the catch pans enough.to do it over again i wouldn't waste the money on the 4 way wedge. wood has to be the right diameter or it's a pain to take it off and put it on all the time.i rarely use it.

to do it over again i wouldn't waste the money on the 4 way wedge. wood has to be the right diameter or it's a pain to take it off and put it on all the time.i rarely use it.

Yeah, it seems to me that the stationary 4-ways would be a bigger pain than they're worth. I really like the adjustable height 4-way, that would prolly be the best option. I'm currently in the market for a splitter, the CLS ones are just awesome, but I dont think I can swing the price. Probably just end up going to TSC and getting the 35 Ton Huskee and regretting it.

I & O Splitter

Get the Iron and Oak Splitter for $2039 and you won't be disappointed.It is a commercial machine with a 9hp Honda engine. Free shipping when I got it last year, too. More money, but a lot more machine :clap: .

i guess as wood becomes more demandable, the price of anything that relates to wood burning is going to increase.

Timberwolf

I bought my TimberWolf for $2300 with catch grate option - taxes and all!

attachment.php

AL :clap:

Sorry guys my dyslexia and Alzheimer's was kicking in hard last night. The price increase was 6.3%. On top of that the freight costs have increased by $60.

I was quoted the following prices for the models listed with 4-way wedge, log lift, catch pans, and Honda engine.

AM-25HH $3950
AM-25S $5450
AM-25ST $6300

We will most likely go with the AM-25HH. I have to admit that even with the price increase American CLS makes a very good product.

I also must say that the Huskee 35 ton splitter is a great splitter for the price and if we were only splitting 10-20 cord a year we wouldn't be looking for a replacement. This year we are looking at producing almost 80 cord with even more next year. Unfortunately the splitter is our bottleneck in production.

am25HH

Sorry guys my dyslexia and Alzheimer's was kicking in hard last night. The price increase was 6.3%. On top of that the freight costs have increased by $60.

I was quoted the following prices for the models listed with 4-way wedge, log lift, catch pans, and Honda engine.

AM-25HH $3950
AM-25S $5450
AM-25ST $6300

We will most likely go with the AM-25HH. I have to admit that even with the price increase American CLS makes a very good product.

I also must say that the Huskee 35 ton splitter is a great splitter for the price and if we were only splitting 10-20 cord a year we wouldn't be looking for a replacement. This year we are looking at producing almost 80 cord with even more next year. Unfortunately the splitter is our bottleneck in production.

I've got the same unit with the B&S engine, been working great since "05 It really puts out a good quanitity of wood with two hombres at the helm. Good Luck and enjoy.

Back