American made snow/pac boots ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacewood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anybody on here have any boots made by Schnees,Whites,or Hoffmans boots they are all made out west and look like very good products? Iam getting ready to get a new pair and since I discovered that Sorels have now gone to china these are my choices so far ....Trying to search for American/Canadian made snow boots on google is like trying to find the hollygrail !!!!! I know there must be more then three manufacturer’s in the USA out there somewhere ????? I posted this on hearth maybe here I can get some more info????

Try Red Wing shoes - made in Red Wing, MN. They seem to run several brands and I'm not 100% certain that they don't farm out the manufacture of their products to Malaysia or some other asian country but they are a US manufacturer of footwear.

Mostly work boots and steel toes but they also have some winter boots. They also have pac boots under the brand Irish Setter.

Here's the url:

http://www.redwingshoes.com/

Good luck.

Last edited:
Stop in a Red Wing store and you'll find that most of their boots are imported. All of the Lacrosse boots that I've seen over the past several years were imported, and many of the boots sold under the Chippewa brand are also imported. I was disappointed to find that many Danners are imported.

On the bright side, some boots are still made in USA, and generally higher priced, but some of the foreign made boots are very good.

I have several pairs of USA made Chippewas that I wear daily, and like them a lot.

Unfortunately, retailers sell what they think will sell, and buyers often shop by price alone. These factors contribute to a general lack of premium products.:angrysoapbox:

Anyway, I'm curious to hear about some of the lesser known, but premium brands as well.

Since you live in NH, you could see if Limmer would make a pair of boots for you. They specialize in hiking boots, but all their boots are custom made, so I bet they'd make a boot to your specs if you asked... you'd pay through the nose for it though.

http://www.limmerboot.com/

Not sure how many of their models if any are still made in the US, but Wolverine used to make boots here in Michigan.

I wear Whites, Nicks or Wesco boots regularly....outstanding boots. I know that all 3 of these makers build their logging style boots in WA and OR. Whites and Nicks both have a Pac boot line (Nicks are made by Hoffman). However, I would definitely call/write to confirm that they are making them in the USA (or a subsidiary is making them in the US). Unfortunately I have grown skeptical in my years... I am hearing grumblings and rumors that some things might be coming from other lands..:censored:

Well I think I will end up going with a pair of the Hoffman 14 inch felt lined boots ..... I think that they will work out very well !! Just wish that there more choice's from the motherland and not china !!!!!!!!

Back