Fixing boots.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought USA pac boots for hunting but after 20 some years the crack across the toes and start leaking.
Bought pair of Sorrels only to find out they are now made in china and are not worth a pluged nickle and didn't last 3 weeks of deer hinting before they were cracking across the toes.

My fix for both the 20 year old boots and the new boots was to wet the toes down then spread a layer of gorilla glue on the toes and let dry.

the best fix was do a internet search for american made boots. Yes they are really pricy compaired to the cheap china crap ypou buy. But if you had to spend 160 bucks on a pair of Sorrel snow pacs and they only last a couple months before they crack and leak.
So why not spend a bit more $350.00 and get USA made boots that will last well over 10 years with normal hunting use? there is also LL bean sno pacs for less than the sorrels that are supposed to be made in Maine

Here is a site with a list of american made boots and shoes.
https://www.usalovelist.com/mens-boots-made-in-the-usa/

Boycott the chinese crap.

:D Al

Not sure what thorogood makes for an insulated boot to use for hunting if they do at all but I will stand by them all day long I purchased a pair 2 yrs ago. And after about 6 months a very small part of the stitching tore I emailed the company. And sent them a few pics. They replaced them no questions asked and. That pair after close to a yr I had the second pair do the same thing and. Once again no questions asked they replaced them. For 240 bucks. I will not complain one bit I’m on concrete 12-15 hrs a day and they are the comfiest boots I have ever owned. Coming from several pairs of redwings prior to the thorogoods. Good luck and merry christmas

In my opinion, it’s not where they are made, but the quality of materials and construction.
There’s no reason a little Chinese lady can’t make a boot as good as the little Mexican lady in Texas.

In my opinion, it’s not where they are made, but the quality of materials and construction.
There’s no reason a little Chinese lady can’t make a boot as good as the little Mexican lady in Texas.

My neighbor told me about a shoe repair shop that is run by an old Asian guy and he does great work for much cheaper then you would expect. I had just bought a brand new pair of cowboy boots that I got a cut in the side leather and he fixed them up and I couldn't tell the had ever been cut, After 3 years of wearing them everyday the repair is still holding up.

Problem is the little old chinese lady and all her little children are given crap to work with the best they can. If you do a true poll you will not find one person in 20 that will tell you quility shoes and boots come from China.

Shoe repair shops are few and far in between also, china crap can't be fixed very well other than useing gorilla glue on them...

:D Al

Back