An experiment in throwline storage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice idea!
I usually keep 3 throwlines going, and they're all 2.2 zingit 200'. As I buy a new line, it goes in the cube. I save the cube for really high shots with the big shot. You need a nice new line for those silky smooth running high shots. The line from the cube goes onto a hand fishing reel. I've found some that have a very mild taper, and you don't need to flake them. I use that mostly for hand throwing, and occasionally big shot use. It runs off the reel nice, and doesn't tangle. With the high strength of zingit 2.2, I use that hand reel for pulling small to medium trees over. 2 or 3 guys pulling as hard as they can, won't be able to break it. The old line from that reel goes onto a different colored reel. By that time it's getting a bit worn. It's probably gotten shorter due to careless groundies cutting it with saws. The short reel gets used as a throw and pull line for small trees, and for pulling limbs round when they're low.

Shaun

Latest posts

Back