Seasoned Firewood Storage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichWolverines1983

Reaction score
I am 100% new to firewood and have what I'm sure may seem like a basic question to some. Me and my fiance just started going to one of our public parks to enjoy the outside fireplace under a pavilion. We buy White Birch from Home Depot but it is expensive for our use. We want to buy some firewood from a local supplier but live in a gated apartment community. I do have a garage that's attached to the building. I would love to buy a storage container for wood and store it in the garage for when we need it to save money and time. Any recommendations on this? Maybe get a small storage unit? Any ideas?

Just stack it in the garage against the wall?????

Rustic!

Right, white birch...not the best firewood.

Roy
Hey, Roy. Thanks for responding. We'd love to do that! Especially me! I think I'm just a little paranoid about termites more than anything. Seems to be a lot against storing in a garage. I'm not concerned about racoons and such getting in and not worried about spiders. Also, I'm buying it already seasoned. The apartment complex sprays regularly and I was planning on doing a lot to the garage and spraying around the doors and such were already apart of my plan. I'll definitely look into a rack and reach out to local suppliers. Thanks again.

Put 4 cords of firewood in my basement every fall...no bugs.

Of course, we have different bugs here, than you do there.

And, we all have our own sensibilities!

Roy

I am 100% new to firewood and have what I'm sure may seem like a basic question to some. Me and my fiance just started going to one of our public parks to enjoy the outside fireplace under a pavilion. We buy White Birch from Home Depot but it is expensive for our use. We want to buy some firewood from a local supplier but live in a gated apartment community. I do have a garage that's attached to the building. I would love to buy a storage container for wood and store it in the garage for when we need it to save money and time. Any recommendations on this? Maybe get a small storage unit? Any ideas?
Maybe a couple of stackable plastic tubs? Storage inside means dealing with bark and chips and tubs should help.

Maybe a couple of stackable plastic tubs? Storage inside means dealing with bark and chips and tubs should help.
Hey, Pat. Good idea! I'll see what I can find. I am going to be doing all kinds of things to the garage over the next few months and would love to get everything setup as close to perfect as I can. I'll see what I can find that would look good with everything. Definitely like the idea.

Bryan

Termites, and even ants shouldn't be a problem if you're buying the firewood already cut and seasoned. The bigger issue would be anything that is living just under the bark. If you're spraying for bugs, you should be fine. If you really don't want to just stack in in the garage, you can always buy some totes at walmart and stack those. They make a decent way of transporting firewood also. It really depends on how much you're dealing with. If its just a enough for a couple of camp fires, this would probably be fine. If you're planning on getting a whole pickup truck load, you should find something bigger and better.

Latest posts

Back