Anchor on ground for TreeGuying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grigory

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Prompt please: how to make an anchor on ground for TreeGuying. A tree: an inclined birch, height 70 ft, DBH=24 ". A Diameter, in a point of an attachment guyi -15" at height of 35 ft.
The large and heavy tree.

Should I make the concrete block by the size 4 õ4 õ4 of ft?

Or it is enough to dig in ground, on depth 5 ' a steel pipe long 10 ', it is perpendicular guyi?

I would consult an engineer on what size "deadman" anchor you need (tyhe burried anchor you describe.

For the laod you wish to hold you may need several poured concrete anchors.

Your nearest Graybar Electric warehouse can get you the utility type anchors, if they don't have them in stock.
Depending on soil type, a 16" anchor with a 3/4" rod is capable of 10,000 pounds of pull when installed 8 feet deep.

Aw geez JP I gotta get some of them trifocular vision modifiers and learn to read the fine print.
Probly ain't got any old Bell Telephone manuals over there in Russia either, so suggesting a hunk of railroad rail and a trench probably wouldn't help him either.
Now, I gotta hunt up the magnifier glass ao I can call the optometrist instead of the obstetrician.

The large thank for the answers.
Has found here (duckbill-ground-anchors) the table, from which has understood, that the holding force of an anchor depends on properties of a ground and effective area of an anchor. At the size of an anchor of 60 inches õ 5 inches moving together force a minimum (if an anchor not in a bog) = 50000 pounds

Back