And I Will Always Burn You...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clarification

After reading my post I wanted to add that I don't burn anyone. heck I don't even sell wood. The saying just struck me as funny.
Well, maybe I am too far out. If so, my apology. Burning firewood is the overall theme of this forum. I posted my favorite firewood species.

On the other hand, a talented lady and her voice disappeared this week. To be sure, Whitney was deeply troubled inside. Regardless, if you had to honor her voice and talent with a few of your favorite logs, what logs would you throw into the fire and enjoy watching as the flames heated your house?

Maybe that clears things up a bit. Just a small tribute to an entertainer.

Cherry, it burns long, hot and has excellent aroma.

So sad that someone with that talent could be so troubled.

BOX ELDER!!! Best wood known to man! Zillion BTU's, coals out great, last forever, just can't beat it!!!

Or not...

Whitney was a BABE! Spent many quiet moments in the bathroom over her!:D

I'll give a little plug for a species I don't often see mentioned as one of people's favorites - black birch. The BTUs are right up there with the best of them in my area, it usually splits easy and seems to season quickly. Also has that great wintergreen smell to the splits.

I cut quite a bit of that today. We got out about 4 cords total and a good third to half of it was black birch plus there's a bunch more to do.

I'll give a little plug for a species I don't often see mentioned as one of people's favorites - black birch. The BTUs are right up there with the best of them in my area, it usually splits easy and seems to season quickly. Also has that great wintergreen smell to the splits.

I cut quite a bit of that today. We got out about 4 cords total and a good third to half of it was black birch plus there's a bunch more to do.

You can count yourself lucky. That's some good stuff. Yellow birch, too, for much the same. I have no gripe against white birch, but it's the quickest of the family - and, as a really recognizable tree - tends to brand the others. Not all birch are created equal. Next year there will be some good yellow to accompany the oak and beech of deep winter fires.

To that point, my wife (who's been tossin logs on coals all her life) can only distinguish white birch and white pine. She leaves it up to me to bring in wood appropriate to the season.

Ponderosa pine laden with pitch and cured for at least 25 years will rock yer socks off. Don't ever burn it in a leaky and uncontrollable stove, or you will be "seeing red" in no time.

Think of bone dry honey locust soaked in fuel oil.

I was never a fan of Whitney Houston, didn't care for her singing or acting... didn't mind lookin' at her though.
Call me an azz... I ain't gonna' pay homage to a drug addict. Do I think it's tragic? Yep, I do... but it don't make her a martyr.

What is the difference between Whitney Huston and my car?
My car can hit 50.

Addict Martyr ?

I was never a fan of Whitney Houston, didn't care for her singing or acting... didn't mind lookin' at her though.
Call me an azz... I ain't gonna' pay homage to a drug addict. Do I think it's tragic? Yep, I do... but it don't make her a martyr.

What is the difference between Whitney Huston and my car?
My car can hit 50.

Yup.
Honor goes to those deserving it.

Post Ban WCTV

...and you picked on woodcutter tv???

Mr. HE:cool:

Brewin' Tea Family Style. Favorite log in the fire? Apple. I will always burn Anthracite Coal, also. Until my shares deplete or the trains stop a rollin'. Also, I liked Dolly Parton better. Don't mention her to AIM , though. We aim to please, you aim too, please.

Black and Yellow...

I wish I could find black birch. It just plain doesn't grow around here and nobody plants it. Instead, they plant river birch and occasionally white birch for decoration. River birch is practically a weed compared to black birch. Yellow birch is a close second to black birch and some folks rate them about equal. I've made some dandy furniture using yellow birch. That stuff is also strong as an ox, but scarce as hens teeth in thse parts.

Back