"And now, you have officially carried it too far, Buddy"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
Reaction score
I have officially gone arboristsite crazy. I muffler modded my Husky 326L. This all sounds well and good for this site, but it is a ####ing weed eater! I was unhappy with how boggy it was acting in long grass, pulled the muffler, piston looked new. The stock hole out of the muffler was a bout 1/4 inch across, and there was a basket filled with steel wool ( the cat I guess). Drilled out the front the basket, pulled out the "wahr" (texas), and left a decent sized hole. Was surprised by the results. Lean out the box, pulled off the H jet limiter, but Factory recommended RPM is 11K, which results in way too rich situation. Tached it to 11.5K, and it still 4 strokes until it is in heavy grass. Much, much stronger. Much louder (glad im in the country) worse fuel efficiency, runs a bit cooler, and you can smell the "smell" now. Sorry

I have officially gone arboristsite crazy. I muffler modded my Husky 326L. This all sounds well and good for this site, but it is a ####ing weed eater! I was unhappy with how boggy it was acting in long grass, pulled the muffler, piston looked new. The stock hole out of the muffler was a bout 1/4 inch across, and there was a basket filled with steel wool ( the cat I guess). Drilled out the front the basket, pulled out the "wahr" (texas), and left a decent sized hole. Was surprised by the results. Lean out the box, pulled off the H jet limiter, but Factory recommended RPM is 11K, which results in way too rich situation. Tached it to 11.5K, and it still 4 strokes until it is in heavy grass. Much, much stronger. Much louder (glad im in the country) worse fuel efficiency, runs a bit cooler, and you can smell the "smell" now. Sorry

I did the same to my grass trimmer along with the backpack blower :msp_w00t: Did some port massaging also, nothing fancy just a slight widening and smoothing. What's better than a nice, powerful, 9 lb trimmer? :clap:

talk to me when you've done a 2 stroke rototiller :)

just kidding....haven't gotten it to it yet but it's on the agenda:hmm3grin2orange:

Don't feel bad I have been pondering a muffler mod to my brand new stihl 130R and it doesn't lack power. I'm sick and need help like the rest of us:msp_tongue:

This thread makes me want to fiddle with my ice auger.

The good ice augers are already reed valved and have a tiny yet open muff :D Buy an extra set of gears, bronze bushings, and Teflon washers while you're at it :msp_thumbup:

Funny, last week I was thinking I better get my kombi out and see if I can make it more peppy. It's slow to respond to the trigger but pulls well with the pole saw on it. Anyone pull a muffler on a KM 90R?

Yeah....you fellers ain't right......

cartoon.jpg

Code to work by

I have a code I work by; if it is running, let's take it apart and see if we can make it run better. So I guess you would say I need help. Steve

Reminds me of this guy

I have a code I work by; if it is running, let's take it apart and see if we can make it run better. So I guess you would say I need help. Steve

Gotta Love Tim

[video=youtube_share;DewDqsszXi8]http://youtu.be/DewDqsszXi8[/video]

I didn't know if it would make much difference till I got the muffler off. Decent sized exhaust port, but the exit from the muffler was much smaller than a drinking straw, after having to get through the basket of wire on the way out. I didn't realize how wheezy the thing really was till I hit the same grass that was bogging it before. Didn't even slow down, just stopped 4strokin'. I'm thinking my 445 might be next in line. I'm assuming it has the same crap in a bucket cat thing going on as well

I did mine last summer along with the blowers.:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back