and so it begins

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got some more cleaning to do then ill put my flattop up agaisnt gregz

gregz's is a very clean saw. his is mostly why i got this one. i was spretty well set on getn a newer one like brads. but gregz saw was so cool i couldnt pass this one up

ive got it on the table tryn to figure out why the kill switch isnt workn so i grabbed a few more pics. it amazes me how wide the recoul houseing and fan are.
GEDC1813.jpg

someone plugged of the decomp
GEDC1812.jpg

GEDC1811.jpg

im startn to wonder if i just wasnt pushing up on the chocke lever hard enough to kill it. i dont see anthing missing

kill switch not working

Look inside under the air filter. Make sure the wire is connected and not broken and the metal engages when you get to the shut off. You may have to clean the metal up so it makes better contact.

Tom

They just threw a bolt in the decomp hole huh? Hopefully they didn't cross thread it.

The metal contacts might be dirty or the kill wire just isn't in the right spot or you could have a severed wire somewhere. You'll find it.

Good lookin saw tho. I'm still looking for mine.

im not sure what they put in the decomp hole i thought the samething. i put a socket on to make sure it was tight it was so i left it be just incase it is stripped. well see. if its stripped i guess ill have to search out a cylinder and port it

onething i dont like is i can only get on the back bar stud with a end wrench. ohhhwell.

i bolted my spare 28" bar on it cause its handy and slung some bar oil around the garage floor. shes running pretty good. shes still all bone stock. not even muffler modded yet.

might cut a few smaller cookies tommorrow just for fun

GEDC1817.jpg

i noticed the chainbrake is close enough to have been getn melted by the muffler is this a normal 066 thing. it doesnt botther me just curious

i figured the kill switch out. i just didnt know how it moved. it moves way up but you have to kinda hold your thumb just right and push in. i did have it all apart and everything is very clean.

i cant wait to get this thing into some wood. i did alot of bucking wood past the 32" tip this year and am exscited to now have the right saw for the job

Last edited:
My 660s chainbrake also has a little bit of melting from the muffler.

as do most that I have seen.

cool

can you get the plug out with that to.

m44
that kinda sux they melt the chain brake

did my muffler mod. just made it a single large port. opend this up as much as the sparkscreen body would allow. i also opend the baffle up on the inside of the muffler

GEDC1821.jpg

did my muffler mod. just made it a single large port. opend this up as much as the sparkscreen body would allow. i also opend the baffle up on the inside of the muffler

GEDC1821.jpg

Nice diamond plate! Got another picture of it?

GEDC1822.jpg

it didnt turn out so great. the bottom right bolt hole is off. im just gona chuck this and get a new cover.

my dual port over is up for grabs

Latest posts

Back