Another 017/170 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms290

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This weekend i went to my dad's house to cut out some blasted cedars.:angry2: I got to run about a tank through the poor thing and she made a louder than normal ping for a while and wouldnt idle. Well wouldn't you know she decides to blow a ring. :cry: Really not a surprise to me as she has outlived what its design said it could do several times over. Now what to replace it with? 211?:hmm3grin2orange:

I have seen a few that have broken rings and busted up some cylinders. I'm in search of a good used carcass as I have a motor waiting to drop in it, so if you do decide to get rid of it, PM.

PS fun little saws when they are running.

get a 260 pro and never look back. 250's are pretty hand and aren't to heavy or awkward. If you just needed a cheapy piece of #### to cut 3 inch tree's with go to walmart or like store and buy the cheapest piece of crap you can get. use it a year or 2 throw it out and buy another. I'm a stihl man, so i'd buy a 250 or 260 and take care of it. 211's are underpowered. :)

im in no need of a new saw ive got plenty of others. my 170 well... bye bye little buddy. it seen a few hours in its time. if i can, i would like to sell the carcass. it was a gift so i have a feeling its just gonna be a parts saw. my dad has one too so he may need something from it.

get a 260 pro and never look back. 250's are pretty hand and aren't to heavy or awkward. If you just needed a cheapy piece of #### to cut 3 inch tree's with go to walmart or like store and buy the cheapest piece of crap you can get. use it a year or 2 throw it out and buy another. I'm a stihl man, so i'd buy a 250 or 260 and take care of it. 211's are underpowered. :)

i agree 211 is underpowered even though i love stihls

Back