Another 346XP Muffler thing!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just poked a ½” hole in the muffler of my 346 and pulled the spark screen. As far as the carb adjustments (once I defeat the limiter caps) should just be the low to stop the chain from moving at idle and backing the “H” until I get the “burlbing” at full throttle?
Also, best method of defeating the caps is a razor blade?

Just double checking looking for your suggestions and details.
:greenchainsaw:
Thanks,

Rob

on my 7900, dremel worked the best.

for high speed jetting, I richen it too much, then put it in a big log, and lean it down until it quits burbling and starts singing.

I think you have the L and H adjustments right, although a tach is useful to make sure you have it close, but not over the 14,700 line.

I was unable to cut my caps effectively with a razor, I had to turn the screws so the "ears" were away from other materials and then use a dremel to grind them off. I didn't need to remove the L screw, it had plenty of adjustment.
I decided to keep a screen in place to add an extra level of caution so I don't get sawdust and foreign matter in my exhaust.

Get some good hearing protection, it's loud!

drmiller100 said:
on my 7900, dremel worked the best.

for high speed jetting, I richen it too much, then put it in a big log, and lean it down until it quits burbling and starts singing.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy another tool to me (dremel).:clap:

Thanks!

rob

Urbicide said:
Beware of any wires lurking nearby. Get them out of the way. Use a set of needle nose pliers and disconnect the wires from the stop switch if they are too close to the work zone.:chainsaw:

Good advice
That sounds like the voice of experience?

Oregon_Rob said:
Good advice
That sounds like the voice of experience?
Yes.:D It applies to more than just working specifically on saws too.:D: "Oops!, Dang!, Sheet!, Krap!,:bang: What was that noise?:confused:, Hey what happened to the lights?:rolleyes:, Are you okay?:dizzy:, I think we can fix it, Got any electrical tape around here?:popcorn:,.........."

Back