Another 365/372 Build..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any comments, complaints, destructive criticism.. let it fly! I'll get more pics tonight as it is now wearing the 24" bar and a set of dual spikes.

Thanks for the help from Randy too.. he's always answered the phone to help guide me through questions I've had. Now lets see how this meteor holds up!

Any comments, complaints, destructive criticism.. let it fly! I'll get more pics tonight as it is now wearing the 24" bar and a set of dual spikes.

Thanks for the help from Randy too.. he's always answered the phone to help guide me through questions I've had. Now lets see how this meteor holds up!

Its a POS better just send it to me. :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice job !

You better watch it.. I'll send you an empty box of packing material! Bet you'd dig through it wondering what you ordered and then be confused when you couldn't find anything!:hmm3grin2orange:

How was it getting the carb shelf and intake boot on after installing the jug? :poke:

WELL... not that bad actually. It wasn't FUN.. but not horrible. What is the normal sequence for a 372? I do have another one to do so I'm all for tips or hints.

Carb plate on first and put the intake on the cylinder before you drop it on.

You better watch it.. I'll send you an empty box of packing material! Bet you'd dig through it wondering what you ordered and then be confused when you couldn't find anything!:hmm3grin2orange:

I would threaten you with a Min-Mac , but already sent ya 2 ! :hmm3grin2orange: And you asked for them ! :dizzy:

Plus I am out of them. :hmm3grin2orange:

Carb plate on first and put the intake on the cylinder before you drop it on.

I'll try that on the next one! Thanks for the tip... it's those types of tidbits you never know until you try to build one.

I would threaten you with a Min-Mac , but already sent ya 2 ! :hmm3grin2orange: And you asked for them ! :dizzy:

More MINIs?! They can't be that bad.. :msp_tongue:

Plus I am out of them. :hmm3grin2orange:

Came home tonight and put a tack on it. It was VERY rich and only turning about 10,000. Leaned it out to about 12,200 - 12,300 and left it there for break in. That's free RPM.

Because everyone wants video around here...Do note I was leaning on that sucker pretty hard and that's white oak with a full set of teeth on a 24" bar and an 8 pin rim. I know the angle is not the best, but it is what you get tonight!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/53azbqp6pik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I just found this Jimmy.

You did good bro.....real good. :rock:

All I did was put it together...you worked the magic on the cylinder. I am real pleased with it but like I told someone last night, I have nothing to compare it to. I do not run saw enough to fully appreciate it yet. When I build this stock saw [another 372 I found] or get it next to other saws it will really shine. Also looking forward to others running it at the VA GTG to get other opinions. Thanks again for your help and answering all of my rookie questions.

Last edited:
All I did was put it together...you worked the magic on the cylinder. I am real pleased with it but like I told someone last night, I have nothing to compare it to. I do not run saw enough to fully appreciate it yet. When I build this stock saw [another 372 I found] or get it next to other saws it will really shine. Also looking forward to others running it at the VA GTG to get other opinions. Thanks again for your help and answering all of my rookie questions.

I've played around with various port timing numbers in the 372 quite a lot. I think it will be a saw that should carry a long bar with authority and with an 8 pin be a hoot to run in smaller stuff.

It's pulling the 24 fine for me and anything bigger is just silly around here. I will probably pick up a lower end 28 just for the Snits and Giggles factor but won't run it much. Need to find some nice pine logs to make a chip shower video with that everyone loves.

Latest posts

Back