Another brain buster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rburg44

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So yea im learning as i go so of course lots of questions learned a ton already! Mainly cutting dead or storm damaged trees came across one today not sure what ive got here had a desinct smell easy cut doesnt seem to heavy to me either hope the pics help thanks again guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 177
I love grinding sassafras stumps. Great aroma. I did one that was about 24" once. Never seen a live tree that big. They cut it down not knowing how rare it was. At least for our area.

sassafras.jpeg

I don't get into sassafras that often, but when I do, I enjoy splitting the wood and smelling the aroma from a fresh piece. Same goes for black cherry. Sassafras dries fast too.

Sassafras burns quick - It's good wood if you drink beer and need to get up 3-4 times an hour to get another or drain the bladder.

Alright sassafras it is then most of the woods have been logged in past an had all the junk trees removed left just hardwoods so mainly all i have is oak maple cherry walnut and hickory but i went off to a part of the farm that has a ling hedgerow about 20yards wide thats never been logged and i got into this sassafras tree along with 2 maulberrys

Sassafras smells like rootbeer when you burn it. The little twigs make great kindling. They are kind of greasy and even green can be lit from a match.

Sassafras is my favorite kindling wood. You can almost light it with a match. Plus the smell is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sassafras is my favorite kindling wood. You can almost light it with a match. Plus the smell is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was a kid, one of my jobs was to fill the woodbox for the cook stove for the next day. Sassafras was mom's favorite cook wood, quick hot fire, really browned the biscuits.

Wasnt too pleasing to me wasnt bad either when i was cutting this tree but i guess once split and dries; the burning of it smells good?

Latest posts

Back