Bah Humbug, Husqvarna 350 rebuild questions. coil wires

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this saw on ebay, it appears to have been heavily cannibalized so I had to order a ton of parts. Have very limited experience with coils so Im not sure what goes where. I know what to do with the long black coil wire but what about this short yellow one? Also, Im including a pic of the piston scored on both sides. Lean sized, air leak. straight gassed. Just curious what you thin. The main question is the coil wires ( boo his, the coil came from Farmertec)IMG_0942.jpegIMG_0943.jpegIMG_0940.jpegIMG_0944.jpegIMG_0945.jpeg

Check the intake boot clamp at the cylinder. If plastic, it may be broken. And check the impulse port nipple on the cylinder side as it may have been overheated and melted shut. Replace all the rubber parts and upgrade to the metal style clamp.

1671938621864.png 1671938652815.png

Wiring looks like this on stock saw...

1671938678514.png 1671938708750.png

thanks for that tip.. Still not quite sure what to do with the short yellow wire, It's not a stock coil. its farmertec
Don’t worry about the yellow wire. They come with aftermarket coils and fit multiple applications. Run your wiring like the other fella’s picture shows

so the single black wire from the coil flag to the switch is all I need? Thanks
You need a 2nd wire that goes to ground to complete the circuit. If you want it like the original, it grounds on one of the screws on the coil. But any ground on the motor would also work. It’s easiest just to run it back to the coil

The wires you got will work for the majority of saws that coil fits, just not yours unfortunately.
If the terminal is the right size to locate in the switch & you're handy with a soldering iron you can clip the wire off & solder it back on at 90°.
The yellow wire can probably be used to connect the switch tab to the closest cylinder bolt... not ideal, but should get you up & running

Good guidance and great photos. Tough to visualize what is under the black shrink wrap. Has the black ground wire been stubbed short and then spliced to the blue wire?

Back