Husqvarna 570 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just finished rebuilding my Husqvarna 350 with lots of help from Mattyo and Weimiedog's Youtube channels. I also got bitten real bad by the chainsaw bug. I have the 350, that I ported a replacement cylinder, and did a complete rebuild including taking .050" off the bearing housing. Then I had to make a pop-up piston because I forgot to check squish after I sanded the bottom of the bearing cap flat (sanding it flat, wound up taking .020" off).

Anyway I was leaning towards a Huztl 372 kit until I checked the shipping, and that was $100. So I've been looking on CL and Offerup for a large saw. I picked up a Husqvarna 570 at a pawnshop a couple of days ago for a little over $200. It cranks and runs and idles fine, but I knew compression was low. I pulled the muffler before laying down my money and could see some light scoring on the piston. This morning I took the cylinder off and the piston has some deep scoring and there is some light Al transfer on the cylinder. This is only the 2nd chainsaw I have worked on, so forgive any ignorant questions.

I would like to use this saw on a chainsaw mill with a 36" or longer bar if possible. I would like to slab some live oak that has been blown over in the recent hurricane.

I can't get to the transfer ports to do any porting there, so any porting would have to be limited to the intake and exhaust and muffler. I'm thinking that simply widening them would help? I don't have the tools to check for pressure or vacuum leaks yet, but I did find a hose on the right side of the saw. There are 2 that come up from the fuel tank, 1 goes to the carb, the other is loose. I think it should go on a hose bib about 1 inch in front of where they come up through the body? Can I simply remove the transferred Al from the cylinder and go with a piston and ring? Or should I replace the cylinder also? I know I need to find the leak that caused caused the saw to eat itself, before rebuilding.

thanks in advance,
Ken

Finally found a picture on another forum that identifies where the second hose should go and it does indeed go to the bib just in front of it so neither is a tank vent to my knowledge at this point. Here is the thread with the pic 4th from the top.

http://************/threads/husqvarna-576-xp-top-end-rebuild-step-by-step.5903/

Latest posts

Back