And, It Begins-- My Official Scrap 562XP Rebuild Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little vid of it running. Phone mic doesn't like chainsaw exhausts. Especially the MM'ed kind!

Still needs a little carb tuning. Maybe I'll take it out a 1/4 turn on the L screw.......LOL, I don't have an L screw! :crazy2:

Little vid of it running. Phone mic doesn't like chainsaw exhausts. Especially the MM'ed kind!

Still needs a little carb tuning. Maybe I'll take it out a 1/4 turn on the L screw.......LOL, I don't have an L screw! :crazy2:

L screw - - Almost had me going for a second there - hahaha

These animals keep photo bombing me. Lol. I can't get anything done with these characters. :pingpong:

View attachment 649957

My experiences with Russian Blues are they LOVE to work and be involved in whatever's going on; not your typical cat breed by any means.

Awesome photos. Thank you for taking the time to document this. Bookmarked and saved for future reference.

How is she running, 7 months later?

My experiences with Russian Blues are they LOVE to work and be involved in whatever's going on; not your typical cat breed by any means.

Awesome photos. Thank you for taking the time to document this. Bookmarked and saved for future reference.

Glad you replied. Thanks for checking out the thread. May as well update too.

I really love this saw. It runs really strong and has been super reliable with the EL48 carb.

IMG_20180717_213741.jpg
IMG_20180717_213758.jpg

Alright, what the helk is the steel alloy this muffler is made from? It appears to me there is some copper in it, as when you sand it you can see some copper colored metal showing. It must be for heat dissipation and corrosion resistance. In any case, its a PITA to weld.

I know I’m late to the party, and it may have been memtioned, but ER309L will pretty much weld anything with iron in it and 1% carbon or less. It can be (not the best choice, but it has been used) to repair cast iron. It’s my go-to for muffler repair/unkown alloys/welding steel to stainless. It was designed to weld steel to stainless steels (austenitic & ferritic, meh on duplex) but has some great general properties with strength and ductility. Just be careful with your shielding like any other stainless/chromoly alloy.

Back