Another Free firewood score thread with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm382

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:D
So I get this call from a buddy that says,
"dad took down a tree in the back yard, and has everything he wants cut off of it, and says you can have the rest."
"But you KNOW how dad is"
which means, get your A$$ over there NOW or else he will have someone else haul it off.

i figure it's not really worth my time but he's a buddy so .......
well it's only about 12-15 mins away, so i pack up and go after church today.

Oh BOY am I sorry and glad i did. and this is not all of it. all ash.

spent right at 2hrs, got this load, I will finish in the morning, and then there is in the background a very tall Oak tree that needs cut up. I told him let me know when he was ready to tackle it and I would help him cut that one up, then he said there are two or three more way out back in the woods that need cut up...

Looks like no rest for the greedy. :D

getting a GOOD start on next winters wood.
Pays to LIVE right ;)

from what this man tells me i might just get 80% of next seasons wood right here WHOOHOOO! close to home, and pretty darn easy to cut up, what with him doing all the 'clean' up and i just taking the BIG stuff.
he is 72 and keeps a bunch for their camping trips and to heat his garage some.
GOTTALUVIT!!!!

if you look close you will see the oak laying sideways there in the back

DSC06157s.jpg

DSC06160s.jpg

I made it home okay but I am pretty sure when I get my new truck next year, it will have to be a dually, this old chevy hauls this just fine but with it loaded a tad bit on the high and heavy side, the front end seemed a tad light :D only has 133,000 miles but she is getting a touch old :(

DSC06161s.jpg

Nice score! :clap:

:confused: But why on earth are you noodling those tiny rounds? :chainsaw:

ohhhh my aching back. pulled a muscle in my back last month and it has yet to heal, BAD, so can't pick up those 'tiny' rounds anymore, and don't have the strength to swing a sledge anymore, working on that.
and I can't haul my splitter to the site, soooo that leaves one thing.
well i could haul my trailer and roll them up the ramps, but the saw needed a good workout :D

besides, i told the wife it was time for a new one anyway, thinking Dolmar 7900 :chainsaw:

I can relate to that. Messed up a foot when a round I was stepping on (stupid me) rolled out from under me. Took a good 6 months to be good again, and it still bothers me some, if I don't keep stretching it. That was 3 years ago! :dizzy:

I can relate to that. Messed up a foot when a round I was stepping on (stupid me) rolled out from under me. Took a good 6 months to be good again, and it still bothers me some, if I don't keep stretching it. That was 3 years ago! :dizzy:
yep, last bottle of 'happy' pills was over $120.00 with some muscle relaxers plus ANOTHER doctor visit. :censored:
a saw rebuild is cheaper :D

going to gym in the morning to get started on my NEW health. wife has been going 5 days a week for almost 8 weeks and is seeing a BIG improvement.
now all i need to do is get up at 4am three days a week compared to 5am....
but what choice do we have we is getting older.:mad:

My back has been ####ed for 10 years. The worst part about it is that you automatically avoid things so your back won't hurt. Mine has almost brought me to tears. The last 5 vertebrae have those things on the back that align them broken right off. I have two crushed discs, arthritis and the last vertebrae before s1 is 25% of the way out. The docs said it's just enough to make rehab to dangerous, but not enough to warrant surgery at my age. So my core muscles have depleted over the years. I used to be the kind of guy that would move/lift/etc something just to make it look easy because someone else couldn't. Cocky I guess. Now I'm the kind of guy that asks for help.
Last month I got 4 anti-inflammatory injections into my spine. Just before that I started doing back extensions while standing in the shower. Started with 30, now I am at 60 as well as 45 dips and 20 push ups every morning. Makes your back feel WAY WAY better. I skipped it one day and my back was killing me. Still not even close to where I was mobility wise before the accident, and even further away strength wise but I feel so much better.

nice score and post some pics of the work truck please . I`d like to find one like that :cheers:

What a good buddy you have ! This is really going to help build up your inventory in the woodshed.

I don't blame you for noodlin' those chunks. You can replace a saw if you wear it out -- but not the ole back.

Have a good time splittin' them and enjoy the warm heat.

Nosmo

Is that a black Caddi in the driveway? Sell it and buy a black truck!
yes, yes it is.... a 2010 DTS to be exact, but alas, it is NOT ours :( (thank GOD, have you priced one?? :jawdrop:)

DSC06124s.jpg

check here http://hemitruckclub.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9180098252/m/752107753 for the reason for the caddy, rental..

What a good buddy you have ! This is really going to help build up your inventory in the woodshed.

I don't blame you for noodlin' those chunks. You can replace a saw if you wear it out -- but not the ole back.

Have a good time splittin' them and enjoy the warm heat.

Nosmo
thanks, yes, a set of rings is CHEAP compared to that bottle of 'happy' pills...:dizzy:

now as i get older and get the tractor it will have a FEL and a 3-point hitch Upright splitter, so i can just split all i want from the comfort of the tractor seat :D

get older, and work smarter ;)

woodshed? hummm yes, that is on the "TODO" list :( someday.:D

nice score and post some pics of the work truck please . I`d like to find one like that :cheers:
well come on down in two years should have new one by then and this one will be for sale, bet you could use the plow up there

DSC00287small.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com
/albums/gg218/dsm382/firewood/DSC04338JPGsmall.jpg

just a tad bit over loaded here

DSC04479s.jpg

DSC04496s.jpg

try that with your Toy tailgate ;)

firwoodtailgate.jpg

DSC04338JPGsmall.jpg

chevywoodtrailer.jpg

Last edited:
yep, last bottle of 'happy' pills was over $120.00 with some muscle relaxers plus ANOTHER doctor visit. :censored:
a saw rebuild is cheaper :D

going to gym in the morning to get started on my NEW health. wife has been going 5 days a week for almost 8 weeks and is seeing a BIG improvement.

Good for her! And you! :clap:

If you're serious, add this change to your life:

http://www.drfurhman.com

We have our whole family on it. My wife has lost about 70 pounds so far, and is feeling better than she has in a long time. Her skin is better, her energy is better, and she's needing FAR less insulin - she's down from 4 inspections per day to just ONE at night, and that may go away soon.

My usual reaction to "Dr. So and So" diets is to think, "yet another scam". This one is for real. We are ALL feeling better.

BRM will check it out, wife has the big D also so who knows. will forward it on to her, thanks.

only hurt a little bit from my work out this morning but i did go over and get the last 'little' bit of wood OUCH

DSC06178s.jpg

not a bad haul for less then 4 hrs including drive time.and like i said ALL ash... AND the owner said he will call when he takes down the big oak and the other ones farther out back WHOOHOOO

DSC06179s.jpg

and only lost 3 rounds to the slope of the yard :D , skids stopped them , it could have been worse, there is a large ravine another 100yrds away if they had ended up there, then they would have not come back up .

DSC06180s.jpg

oh and we also picked up another trailer load from another supplier we use was a GOOD day, looks like half of next seasons wood is now on site, THAT is a DARN good thing and feeling

DSC06176s.jpg

Latest posts

Back