Another great day of woodcutting (with pics!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day of Woodcutting

Josh;

From the look of it I think that the Shagbark probably has less that 15% moisture right now and will burn great. I am burning some now that I cut over Labor day - the tree had been dead for several years but was still standing. Yours being down probably was dead much longer.

Great photos and a good time - nice to see.

Ed

Josh;

From the look of it I think that the Shagbark probably has less that 15% moisture right now and will burn great. I am burning some now that I cut over Labor day - the tree had been dead for several years but was still standing. Yours being down probably was dead much longer.

I hope so. Today I split up some rounds I had sitting out since early Spring, and they are still as wet as can be, especially the red oak. Also got some elm, white pine, mulberry, and silver maple in there, and most of that seemed OK. Got about 5 cords. Still needs some seasoning, but I had a rough summer, and no time to cut wood, so I'll be getting a lot of sizzling fires this winter. Oh well. I'll be sure the clean the chimney well next Spring!

We have had a run of perfect weather up here as well. I'm thinking when that when it "turns" it will be quite a change. Enjoyed your pics with all your help. Hope to get my 81 year young dad and my 6 & 8 year old out into the timber this fall at the same time. Working together provides great memories and lessons in life. It's in the low 30's tonight, so we're making "ashes" already!

Wow, beautiful looking kids!!! Keep that wood away from the siding there.. Enjoy...Keep the pics coming. :)

Latest posts

Back