Another Idiot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhightree1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok yall don't break your neck to get to this one.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/bar/843014489.html

Red Oak Trees (New Kent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-16, 1:24PM EDT

I have red oak tress on my property that need to come down, they are way too big. Anyone interested in trees? You cut them, clean up the mess and you can have them. I just want them gone before they fall on my house.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 843014489

He makes it sound like it a simple job. He doesn't say how many (obviously 2 or more) and there with-in striking distance of the house. Only a three day job. At least he didn't say you have to have insurance.

I sent him this message:

Why would someone do hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of work for free just to get a worthless tree?

Better yet, why would you want anyone that desperate working on the tree? What if they don't really know what they are doing and drop it on your house? You think that kind of person is going to have insurance?

Good luck.

I sent him this message:

Why would someone do hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of work for free just to get a worthless tree?

Better yet, why would you want anyone that desperate working on the tree? What if they don't really know what they are doing and drop it on your house? You think that kind of person is going to have insurance?

Good luck.

Hilarious... any response?:clap:

I sent him this message:

Good luck.

I'd rep ya for that but i'm out.

I tried selling firewood it's a no win. I tried the wood miser no win. I'll tell you what, you will pay more for any arborist taking the wood, over just getting it down. Get an arborist to cut it down and advertise free firewood and it will go quick I am sure. Only real way to sell it is to season it first. If your lucky enough to find an owner who just wants to give his guys full time work, maybe you can get a deal.

People are crazy a lady needed a acre of land cleared for her house and finish graded and a culvert pipe installed for the driveway I quoted her $5,500.00 Which i feel is a G.D good price.. and she said all of us contractors are too expensive and gouge people... she said to me that that job is only worth $1,500.00 I then told her have a nice day and walked off....

Is it possible for any red oaks to be valuable for high grade woodwork lumber in that area?

Someone said they were junk trees - so I'm curious.

When I did a lot of woodwork in school, seems we used red oak and white oak. Not sure what species.

So is this a local junk species that someone is inflating the value for in their dreams?

Is it possible for any red oaks to be valuable for high grade woodwork lumber in that area?

Someone said they were junk trees - so I'm curious.

When I did a lot of woodwork in school, seems we used red oak and white oak. Not sure what species.

So is this a local junk species that someone is inflating the value for in their dreams?

All i know is that the timber market isn't worth cr@p up here. Especially cherry and oak (so i'm told)

Red Oak junk? not really

To try and anser M.D.'s question about the worth of the Red Oak...Red Oak is a great timber species and is used in lots of expensive hand crafted products. The problem in Maryland and Virgina is that there is a HUGE surplus of Red Oak. When I lived down there for better part of two years I saw countless mills with thousand of cants of Red Oak just laying around. Red Oak is one of the main timber species in that area and will all the land clearing taken place they cant use it fast enough.

Where do you find these people?

I came across a lady with for sale signs on dead oaks. They were already rotted out from the base on up. :monkey:

Help! I have a tree that is a big problem and I do not have the money to deal with it and feel that I shouldn't have to pay to have it cut down but fully expect that the person who cuts it down for me will be FULLY RESPONSIBLE for any mishaps happening on my property and they should take all of the problem away for me for firewood that they can't use this winter and has a value of maybe a 1/4 of the actual cost of removing the tree in the first place. -Craigslist ( Chock full o' NUTS! )

And the really scary part... people will cut down trees for free feeding this half-baked mentality.

Back