Another minor CAD fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Picked up a couple Poulans today. First positive results from my "chainsaws wanted" ad on CL. Got a Poulan 2000 and a Poulan 3400 CounterVibe. The 3400 suffered some trauma and part of the lower handle is broken off. Also a chip out of the clutch cover. Other than that both saws are complete with bars and chains. I don't suck but it feeds my need. Probably fix the 2000 and part the 3400.

Opened up both saws today. The Poulan 2000 was full of bar oil and getting hydraulic lock. Also the flywheel was hitting the coil. It has spark.

The 3400 fires with mix in cylinder, The adjuster is broken out of the clutch cover, the bar nuts were two different sizes and Vice Gripped to death (I trashed those). The LA screw was a sheet metal roofing screw. The saw was held together with an assortment of screws. However, the compression's good, the piston and cylinder look good and it's gonna be a parts donor. Since engine parts are a bit scarce for these I'll probably sell the crankcase/cylinder/piston as an assembly and part the other stuff or use it as needed. If the clutch cover and the left side of the handle hadn't been broken, I would have fixed it. These just aren't worth enough to invest much into.

I'll get back to the 2000 one of these days. Probably get that one going. I have a few parts saws for it.

Good deal. I just picked up a grey version of the 3400. They're a stout little saw. Hopefully I can get mine up and running with minimal effort.

9u4ysehu.jpg

Yes, it appears that it is. I googled pics of the 3700 and that's what it is. Thanks!

There is one of these local to me. Person says it runs but won't stay running. If you are interested let me know.

Back