Another new toy... might interest the modders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkEagleUSA

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After watching this video in Tzed250's 550 thread, I went out and bought a TTO Tach/Hour Meter on eBay. It's even Husqvarna orange! ;)

723-A00_w450.jpg

I have a couple of questions regarding it and its usage. First off, what would be a safe, secure way to temporarily mount this to monitor RPM's while in use? I've seen wireless tachs in other videos either held on with, or attached to, a spring clamp, but this one has a wire that wraps around the spark plug wire.

That fact leads to my second question. Would this work with an alligator clip on the end of the wire that can just be clipped onto the plug wire, or does the wire really need to be wrapped around the wire several times?

For the record, after only about 5 weeks perusing here on AS, I believe I have been bitten by the CAD bug. As far as I can tell, there is no cure either! :msp_confused:

Last edited:
Mine is a Works Connection but very similar and I use zip ties. Not sure about the alligator clips. If you give it a try please share your findings. The instructions on the WC tach made it sound pretty important to get it wrapped around the plug wire enough times.

d048ef26.jpg

ba0a55f9.jpg

b8a37376.jpg

Last edited:
I'm kinda wondering if we couldn't attach a cell phone or at least some kind of bluetooth thingie!

Back