Another newbie here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big1066ih

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Name's Seth and live in the southern Adirondacks. Been creepin around the forum awhile now and figured it's time to introduce myself. This summer there was a small gtg organized and got to race stock saws (8-10 guys). Needless to say I'm hooked and have acquired a case of CAD. I've been cutting firewood since I was 12 or so. Most local guys run 372's and 385's there is a few 390's and a 660 that showed up at the gtg. I've got a strong running 372xp and a shiny new 562xp with less than 10 tanks thru it. My goal is to embarrass every local that shows (especially that 660). So the question is build up one of the saws I've got or find a bigger cc project? Thanks

I've got a 372xp (decomp on side, not up top) 562xp, ms290 and jred 2141.

Depends what you're trying to do with it. If you're talking about both saws running a 36" bar, buried in oak, I don't think you will ever beat a good running o66. If you're talking about a 10x10 can't race, then the 372 will be fine. No saw is the best at everything, although I do think a 70cc is the best one saw plan there is.

That saw is a strong runner and the one I use most. If i were to have anything done to it i would still like be able to use it for firewood. At the gtg we're cutting 14-16" pine.

This is all I've got on my phone, here's another question; is it bad to store saws this way

Attachments

• IMG_20150929_171017232.jpg
    IMG_20150929_171017232.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Welcome!! A couple things frist.

#1 you're going to get infected with the disease called CAD.

#2 everyone on AS likes pictures.

Your 372 is able to be woken up and be a great run day in day out saw. Now lets see your 1066!

Welcome!! A couple things frist.

#1 you're going to get infected with the disease called CAD.

#2 everyone on AS likes pictures.

Your 372 is able to be woken up and be a great run day in day out saw. Now lets see your 1066!
No 1066 for me, I grew up working on a couple farms, that was always my favorite tractor. Always amazed me tractors that old just keep plugging away. Now with a house,wife,2 kids and a regular job I don't get to spend much time on the farm. :(

image.jpeg image.jpeg Gotcha. I grow up on IH tractors, we had a 1066 for years. It was a tough tractor that really never quite. This is a few we still have image.jpegimage.jpeg

Back