Finally got a couple I've been searching for!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been watching for some affordable decent condition McCullochs for years now. When I was a kid back in the central Adirondacks in the 60's and 70's the 3 big saws were Pioneer, Homelite and McCulloch. I ended up with a very nice 7-10A as my first personal saw. It eventually died under my father in laws care and I parted it out when I was working in a Husky dealership. I never forget that saw and did finally end up with 250 and then a 300 and then a 7-10A. That sort of got me looking for others. I'd always wanted a 10-10, preferably a 10-10S or a Pro Mac. This morning on Marketplace I stumbled onto not just a Pro Mac 10-10, but Pro Mac 700 too! Met the guy in a parking lot by 12:30 and a deal was struck. I've got to say, there are both well cared for saws and I don't think they have a
huge amount of hours. Both need air filters and probably carb kits. I have rarely seen such well preserved saws of that era in my area. Most are filthy, missing parts and usually have at least a bent handle or lost top cover. I'm a pretty happy camper!

Attachments

• Pro Macs.jpg
    Pro Macs.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 51
  • PM700.jpg
    PM700.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 10-10.jpg
    10-10.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 46
I know the feeling. Picked this up for $20. Needed a carb boot and fuel lines. The elderly gentleman told me that it still had the original Bar & First chain on it. It had barely been used. Now it's up and running for under forty bucks and runs like a beast!
44141331ef492af27cf10eb943c18ec6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice saws by the way. I've seen a few of those recently in Northern Michigan in the $150-200 range, running. May I ask what you paid? Or is that like asking a woman her age ;)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've been watching for some affordable decent condition McCullochs for years now. When I was a kid back in the central Adirondacks in the 60's and 70's the 3 big saws were Pioneer, Homelite and McCulloch. I ended up with a very nice 7-10A as my first personal saw. It eventually died under my father in laws care and I parted it out when I was working in a Husky dealership. I never forget that saw and did finally end up with 250 and then a 300 and then a 7-10A. That sort of got me looking for others. I'd always wanted a 10-10, preferably a 10-10S or a Pro Mac. This morning on Marketplace I stumbled onto not just a Pro Mac 10-10, but Pro Mac 700 too! Met the guy in a parking lot by 12:30 and a deal was struck. I've got to say, there are both well cared for saws and I don't think they have a
huge amount of hours. Both need air filters and probably carb kits. I have rarely seen such well preserved saws of that era in my area. Most are filthy, missing parts and usually have at least a bent handle or lost top cover. I'm a pretty happy camper!
Very nice Mac's Bret.
When my interest in old saw came about. There were two Mac's I wanted. The 10-10S and the PM 700. I now have both.
The 700 I paid to much for, but it's a great saw. The 10-10S I got a very fair deal on.
Clint

PM 10-10S and PM 700.jpg

Back