another stage 3 anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Krause

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if there is another builder like dean from Washington pro saws? he is building me a second saw but is probably going to be his last for some time. if you know of some one who i can speak to i would appreciate their name and phone number. thanks for any info

it involves a lot of cylinder porting and polishing, muffler modification, ignition modification. pretty much the most work you can do with a saw and still have it look stock.

I think the stage three got beyond the standard widening of the ports and setting the squish and into finger ports and boost ports IIRC. There was a 3T for Torque and a 3R for RPM.

Ian

does anyone know if there is another builder like dean from Washington pro saws? he is building me a second saw but is probably going to be his last for some time. if you know of some one who i can speak to i would appreciate their name and phone number. thanks for any info

Treeslingr' builds good saws. Send him a PM. He did a 660 for me and it really woke that saw up.

I think the stage three got beyond the standard widening of the ports and setting the squish and into finger ports and boost ports IIRC. There was a 3T for Torque and a 3R for RPM.

Ian

Yep you got it, it's basically better than the mid stage port (obviously), and it has th extra features like finger ports and boost ports.

Back