Another use for bar chain oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also heard that grease and oil isn't good for tires but it doesn't keep me from using grease on the beads of particularly cantankerous tires. Two weeks ago I greased the bead of a Bobcat tire after fighting with it for an extended time. I have a Cheetah tank, straps and all the other tricks but this one didn't want to cooperate. The grease did the trick and I got the Bobcat back in service just in time to move logs for the GTG.

Use silicone grease - doesn't affect rubber.

I'm wondering is silicone wouldn't be better for installing tires.
Dish washing soap (detergent)... the cheap stuff... straight from the bottle... and, as a plus, your hands stay relatively clean :D
You can be as sloppy as ya' want with it... rinses right off with a garden hose.

Ron when you get some red dirt dust on them sticky tires take a pic for us before you have to pressure wash them. Hope we saved you before you did the wifes rig. Jumbo Asswoop if she's like mine ! Ken

I Can fix a flat on a tubeless tire (such as from a nail or screw) using bar oil. Don't like proving it, but it works in a pinch.

when you put gas in your duece and you want to lube the injection pump. Bar oil or 2 stroke work great.

Ron when you get some red dirt dust on them sticky tires take a pic for us before you have to pressure wash them. Hope we saved you before you did the wifes rig. Jumbo Asswoop if she's like mine ! Ken
Didn't try it on hers yet. My tires looked dry this morning..not shiny like yesterday. I will not try that again.

Use silicone grease - doesn't affect rubber.
At work here, we use this stuff made by Deere.. it is called synthetic super lube. It works really slick on tires.

When doing skid steer tires by hand, you need all the lube you can get it seems lol

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

My favorite barmaid's minivan doors were squeaking. I lubricated them with bar oil. Now they don't squeak and her husband cannot hear her car door when she comes home late. She said they used to wake him up. Fixed.
I have a squeaky passengers door. I'll give it a try.

I've been using bar/chain lube in the headstock bearings in my metal and wood lathes for some time now. Doesn't sling off like regular motor oil. I figured if it can keep a chain lubed at extreme pressures when cutting wood, it should be fine for the bearings that have much less working pressure.

Back