Another Useful Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETpilot

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had some old logs that needed cut and rolled. I got this old tool out that I made years ago. I don’t use it too often but it sure comes in handy when rolling logs. Cut through the top, roll the log then cut the bottom. I see a name for it : Log Peavey. I made mine with the forward spike. I can add an extension if I need more leverage 55E169EC-730B-4238-97B0-5E297A5B2CDB.jpeg527D8518-B592-403C-817F-D910BF84FE21.jpeg

Thanks. I didn’t know the name of this tool. I had to do a search. Mine has the forward spike which I like on my tools. Sure is handy. Capacity is around 36”. I’ll get to test it on one large log I need to cut. May need the extension, I’ll see. I’ll be using my MS 441 on that log.

Yours looks pretty stout. I bought a wood splitter at Tractor Supply and bought the log catcher for $49 extra. A month later the went on sale with the log catcher free. The manager said he would give me my money back. I asked him to throw in their cheap pipe one they had and the the little bit of difference in the price. First time I tried to use it, was doing as you do, cut most of the way through, roll it over. It WAS a good size log, about a 30" Red Oak, 8' long, but on smooth level ground. I could have rocked it back and forth and rolled it over. jabbed the hook in and pulled up, bent in half. Don't get the cheap ones.

Yours looks pretty stout. I bought a wood splitter at Tractor Supply and bought the log catcher for $49 extra. A month later the went on sale with the log catcher free. The manager said he would give me my money back. I asked him to throw in their cheap pipe one they had and the the little bit of difference in the price. First time I tried to use it, was doing as you do, cut most of the way through, roll it over. It WAS a good size log, about a 30" Red Oak, 8' long, but on smooth level ground. I could have rocked it back and forth and rolled it over. jabbed the hook in and pulled up, bent in half. Don't get the cheap ones.
I bought the wooden handle one at TSC broke after a few uses. Took the head off and welded it to a big pipe. Works great now

Latest posts

Back