antique chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porta mill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone knowledgeable with antique chain saws . I just acquired a homelite 26lcs .I did did a little research on the net and found that is was first introduced in the early 1950's. I guess I am looking for for someone to tell me if it is worth anything.

Finding a belt for it will not be fun. There is a guy working on getting them reprouced, but last I heard they were not done yet.

Looks like the same belt used in a lot of todays scooters and mopeds......
Might find a source that way.

Still a cool looking saw though.

you can keep your $5.00 to me it is worth a lot more than #### . I will keep it and tinker with maybe one day I will get it running or just keep it on a shelf

anyone knowledgeable with antique chain saws . I just acquired a homelite 26lcs .I did did a little research on the net and found that is was first introduced in the early 1950's. I guess I am looking for for someone to tell me if it is worth anything.

It's worth you keeping it and fixing it up. That way you have a cool old piece of American history to pass along to your grandkids.

It's the second model gas chainsaw Homelite made.
There first was the 20MCS, The 26LCS is a unique saw but not worth a ton of money. Good to keep or sell to a collector.

Lee

Is that saw belt drive?? or is it gear reduction.

Cool find either way

It is a belt drive gear reduction just like the 5-30. The belts are unique in length width and pitch. They are similar to a serpentine belt.

Bill

Back