Any Jotul Oslo owners?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJR

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a new Oslo sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. I was wondering how much wood the stove burns per week running at 500F 24/7. I have seven full cords of mostly sugar maple with some ash and hickory mixed in. I am still cutting, free wood... If you let me know what wood you are burn I can figure out the density difference. Thank you.

I have two Jotul Oslo stoves, but my house is quite large. Only ran both at the same time during cold weather, but didn't start burning until just before Christmas because of delay in installation. I burned almost 6 cord (all hardwood-mostly maple and some oak) between December 20 and end of the season. I would think that 7 to 8 full cord (128 cf) would be more than enough to keep one Oslo going full bore 24/7 for the season.

Thank you Hugenpoet

What kind of burn times are you getting and with what type of wood?

Thank you Hugenpoet

What kind of burn times are you getting and with what type of wood?

I use all maple (sugar maple mostly as I live in Western Mass.) and oak and if I stuff the firebox full at 10:30 pm and damper the stove down (remember the Oslo is EPA certified and cannot be fully dampered down to prevent smoldering) there are plenty of hot coals to pull to the side door at 7:00 in the morning and cover with a fresh load of wood. Open up the damper and the fire will come right to life and the stove will quickly warm right up.

Back