any love for the 032av ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheboatguy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just acquired a pretty nice 032av. Anything good or bad one should know about them?
Pics coming in a bit.

Steven.

Good to know. The only thing I know about it is that the seam for the fuel tank leaks a little. Going to look at it more in the next few days.

Steven.

Just acquired a pretty nice 032av. Anything good or bad one should know about them?
Pics coming in a bit.

Steven.
Probably the very best 50 cc saw ever built! Will cut anything!!
Only problem with the saw, and I've had one since the early 80's, is the air filter is right where the exhaust comes out! I put duct tape around the edge of the air filter to help keep saw dust out of the filter! Other than that a rock solid firewood saw!!

A guy I know brought me his 031 for some maintenance recently. It got a new fuel line, carb kit and crank seals. He said he bought it new in 1974 and it's still running good. It also had a nice tone to it as I recall.

I think the 032 is a handy saw. I like to run mine every now and then. It is a dependable machine. If the thread is still out there, years back the 032 or 031 was nominated as the worst saw Stihl built. I thought that was bunk, as mine runs pretty strong. Maybe I'm just keeping it because I feel sorry for it.

In terms of output it compares quite favourbly with an 026 though the recipe is so very different. As long as you ignore the weight, filtration and ignition issues they're great!
Really enjoy using mine.

150+ psi on four pulls and the piston looks great.
20160123_095528.jpg
20160123_100543.jpg
I'm not a stihl guy so I just might have to put this in the trading post.

Steven

If all you do is cut cookies with ported new saws you'll be disappointed but I like those old Stihls. Torquey and smooth is how I'd describe them. When it quits running that's a different story. Parts and service from a Stihl shop is gonna be tough so enjoy it while it runs and consider it as a backup saw.

Latest posts

Back