Any Missouri loggers on here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouriboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a question for any Missouri loggers on here. Wanting to know what you guys are getting for pallet grade logs.

Pallet hardwood?

Here in NH, hardwood pallet was @ $150 delivered in..
Red oak pallet was @ $180...
Those might have changed since I last saw a price sheet though..

I am located about an hour half east of Kansas city. I think .22 cents is what they get here to but im just not for sure.

I am located about an hour half east of Kansas city. I think .22 cents is what they get here to but im just not for sure.

You are pretty close to me then, I am at Whiteman off of 50 highway. I can show you where I take mine if you want. I know where to get top dollar for walnut if you get some as well.

You are pretty close to me then, I am at Whiteman off of 50 highway. I can show you where I take mine if you want. I know where to get top dollar for walnut if you get some as well.

Yeah kinda. I live north of you in a very small town called Bosworth which is off of highway 65 north of carrollton.

I'm a little east of Springfield. Pallet wood is .25 or less. It's almost worth more as firewood. If you have white or red oak find a different buyer. Red oak can bring .50 or more and white oak can bring as much as 1.25. The 1.25 is only for the really clean stuff and you will have to sell to a stave mill. The stave co's range from about .40 to 1.25 and will not buy anything unless it is two sides clean or better. Of course volume is king, and 30 BF logs will work you to death and you'll die tired and broke. 100 BF logs will start to make you some money. If I had dreams come true every log would be at least 150 BF.

I'm a little east of Springfield. Pallet wood is .25 or less. It's almost worth more as firewood. If you have white or red oak find a different buyer. Red oak can bring .50 or more and white oak can bring as much as 1.25. The 1.25 is only for the really clean stuff and you will have to sell to a stave mill. The stave co's range from about .40 to 1.25 and will not buy anything unless it is two sides clean or better. Of course volume is king, and 30 BF logs will work you to death and you'll die tired and broke. 100 BF logs will start to make you some money. If I had dreams come true every log would be at least 150 BF.

You are correct about it being worth more as firewood. If logs are less than 100 BF I have been cutting them into rounds for splitting. The firewood stack is growing!

The mills here pay the same for red oak and white oak as I get for pallet wood. I am letting my big logs stand untill the price goes up.

The mills here pay the same for red oak and white oak as I get for pallet wood. .

Look up americanstavecompany.com and find your local buyer. They should have a drop site within a reasonable distance. There may not be a mill at your drop site but you can make an appointment with the buyer to meet you there when you deliver your load. If you have a white oak job that yields enough to fill a truck and pup they may come to you and bring their own truck. That's the best since you don't have to buy the fuel. If you have white oak that doesn't grade high enough for the stave co but is 14" or better find a mill buying tie logs. Tie logs must be at least 6'8". I always cut tie logs 6'10" to be safe because if they ding your length then you're back to pallet lumber. They should bring .60. Not sure what to tell you on the red oak.

Thanks for all the good info guys i am getting to start working for a logger to learn more about the industry. You guys are good a help when it comes to learning about prices and stuff. Thanks

they are bringing around .50 here we are lucky enough to have a pallet mill here when me and my brother are cutting firewood we find some decent lumber material every now and then,but they [the pallet company]bought a portable mill and have been buying timber on other peoples land lately and milling on site,the huge mounds of slabs last winter looked like buzzards picked it clean,but i don't consider myself a logger,i'm a firewood enthusiast that happens across good timber occasionally,those full time guys are way too hard core for me! :smile2:

Last edited:
they are bringing around .50 here we are lucky enough to have a pallet mill here when me and my brother are cutting firewood we find some decent lumber material every now and then,but they [the pallet company]bought a portable mill and have been buying timber on other peoples land lately and milling on site,the huge mounds of slabs last winter looked like buzzards picked it clean,but i don't consider myself a logger,i'm a firewood enthusiast that happens across good timber occasionally,those full time guys are way too hard core for me! :smile2:

I have bought quite a bit of Slab wood from a local Amish saw mill for 10 bucks per bundle measuring 5 foot high by 6-8 foot wide by 16-20 foot long. It dries quick and burns easy. It sells well during the cold months as well.

Back