Any Mushroom Growers Here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Head

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I started some ####take plugs in Alder logs last spring and I'm expecting some mushrooms to come out this spring.
So far I have nothing but dark ends on the logs so it's a good sign.
####take suppose to do really well in Oak so if I get some in the Alder, I will switch to Oak this year.
Anybody doing home grown shrooms here?

I started some ####take plugs in Alder logs last spring and I'm expecting some mushrooms to come out this spring.
So far I have nothing but dark ends on the logs so it's a good sign.
####take suppose to do really well in Oak so if I get some in the Alder, I will switch to Oak this year.
Anybody doing home grown shrooms here?

how do you like the censorship ? cute huh :msp_smile:

I plugged some log for a client and they took about a year and a half to get the first mushroom. I used White Oak and I didn't do any sealing. They say they are getting more mushrooms then they can keep up with. I've been thinking about doing some of my own.

I don't think I have ever even eaten pooptake mushrooms before. Sounds interesting trying to grow them yourself. I may look into it.

I have seen sites on the web for growing morels. I would like to try that sometime, also. Maybe I could find them if I knew where they are going to come up.:D

I just received my Pearl Oyster Plug Spawn and the Shiitake Plug Spawn last week. We cut a few White Oak logs the other day so once the logs age for another week I'll inject the plugs and cover the holes with cheese wax. Some say it takes 6 to 8 months before you see any results. I'll see how it works out..

Let us know how it works for you.

Back