Any one use "Armor Prus" with the Hitch Hiker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CanopyGorilla

CanopyGorilla

climber....sawyer
I have been wanting to go down the Hitch Hiker road and looking into different rope and prusik combos. I have really been liking the 5/16th Armor Prus for its durability and good hand on a variety of rope sizes. Using it on 10.5 mil Sterling and 1/2" Arborplex and it seems to do well on both. Thinking Armor Prus with either a Samson Vortex 12.7 , or Yale Imori 12mm. Any thoughts on this combo for the HH?

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
I have been wanting to go down the Hitch Hiker road and looking into different rope and prusik combos. I have really been liking the 5/16th Armor Prus for its durability and good hand on a variety of rope sizes. Using it on 10.5 mil Sterling and 1/2" Arborplex and it seems to do well on both. Thinking Armor Prus with either a Samson Vortex 12.7 , or Yale Imori 12mm. Any thoughts on this combo for the HH?

Yeah, do what you feel comfortable with,
and 2+2=4.
Jeff :msp_wink:

yoyoman

yoyoman

ArboristSite Operative

Noticed you said 5/16th, the 8mm Armor Prus. HH has a 10.5mm opening on the dog bone and it comes with 10mm cord. That Armor prus is a pretty supple hitch cord. My concern would be having it pull thru or have the HH stopper knot come loose because of the space in the dog bone.

I did a video and this concern. At about 14:30 I think you can see what my concern is.

Hitch Hiker Stopper Knot vs. Stevedore Stopper Knot - YouTube

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
Noticed you said 5/16th, the 8mm Armor Prus. HH has a 10.5mm opening on the dog bone and it comes with 10mm cord. That Armor prus is a pretty supple hitch cord. My concern would be having it pull thru or have the HH stopper knot come loose because of the space in the dog bone.

I did a video and this concern. At about 14:30 I think you can see what my concern is.

So you came back with your 'Tree Buzz' name,, it is a better name for you.
Jeff,,:msp_biggrin:

CanopyGorilla

CanopyGorilla

climber....sawyer

Great!! this is the stuff I was lookin for! Not opposed to 3/8 hitch cord with the lines I'm interested in. I just love the feel of the armor prus.....I guess another question is: I really like armor pruss, would you rather run it on Imory, or Vortex with the HH?

kyle goddard

kyle goddard

Original HitchHiker
HH works great on poison ive ( blue moon ) ect.. ive been thinking of getting some 10 mm armorprus.. let me know how that works for ya. I have no trouble with the bee line it comes with.

Be careful with the orange part off the hh. Sometimes it gets really hot. I got a nice hh scar from getting burned

Latest posts