Any pointers on how to get my clutch cover off?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am liking my cs52 more and more the more I use it...it's a nice saw. It just floods easy when cold starting.....then you have to pull it with the throttle wide open till it starts usually one or two pulls, but it warm starts like a champ.
I bet a new plug and a carb kit would solve that.

I think many had mentioned that the first time.:buttkick:
Yep, but it was already too late in my case...the damage was already done. The mechanism does work giving enough force is applied, as shown on Mattyo's video....but I cannot get enough leverage with my brake handle to disengage it. It engaged pretty easy though.

Well, I called the dealer today about a clutch cover. Gave him the part number to the clutch cover, and serial number of the saw. He told me there have been 3 revisions of that clutch cover, and my part number is unavailable. He said he would have to call his rep. I figure that just means one, or all of the revisions will work with my saw I'm sure.

Well, I called the dealer today about a clutch cover. Gave him the part number to the clutch cover, and serial number of the saw. He told me there have been 3 revisions of that clutch cover, and my part number is unavailable. He said he would have to call his rep. I figure that just means one, or all of the revisions will work with my saw I'm sure.
You need a different dealer. A 450 and he needs to contact a rep, seriously? :crazy2:

You need a different dealer. A 450 and he needs to contact a rep, seriously? :crazy2:
It's a brand new dealership, hasn't even been there for two months. He seems like a good guy. In his defence, they have revisions on that cover, and I have already bought a brake handle off him for a 450 rancher, that didn't fit my saw...because of Husqvarna's revisions. I'm sure he just wants to make sure I get the right part the first time.

I don't remember any long, winding threads regarding Stihl chain brakes............

Just no
No, the Husqvarna chain brake challenge is quite a popular thing...
I'm just messing around, I know its a bad design, and this is my last attempt at fixing it. This thing is either gonna cut wood, or its gonna take a one way trip up the dug road. It ain't no problem 1/2 lbs of tannerite won't solve.

Latest posts

Back