any suggustions please, 14 more to do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hooks????

hay masterblaster,
what do you mean by wearing hooks? do you mean spurs (leg irons)? I havent seen a house out there for 11 months. I work around 330kv lines in some pretty remote spots

"soft hook"

Hi Tom
Hook is 6 in long, all stainless, by soft I mean the four prongs are very soft and if it gets stuck they will straiten out. Its as round as a pool cue (not tip). with a eye on the bottom. it and its rope live in a triangualer camera case strapped to me. if branch carnt be held I snap a crab on its tag line through alpine butterfly hitch,controlling length. End is always attached insind bag.

Will post pic asap Thanks again Derek

i just realised where you live derek,man thats outback,any good pig shooting?

great story

Hi Aussie lopa
Wrote you a great letter about pigs,cats and our ironbarks up here.. Then I lost it all... going out now will re wright it tonight with no attachment this time...later Derek

all you need is the car and cave butch!oh and the belt,ill take catwoman

spiderman

hi guys.
Now heres somthing we hope you'll really like....

heres a shot of my home made hook..I can almost here masterblaster laughing from here. un like you poor climbers in the suberbs(I read some whatdidyoudo) i get the chance to spend hours on end jumping from tree top to tree top. The next photo i post will be why i like it it .hope tom dunlop sees it to..It weights
1kg (2.2lb) the pouch is great,and the rope gets well trained after after a while (not the one on it-fav's in the wash)
Make a monkey fist - Make it the right lenght - Through it in next tree 10 m is'nt to far, and while the fig 8s still swinging, out like SPIDER MAN the hook has it and its on its way back in seconds - Clipin - take up the slack - reach up and let go on your prussic loop stop every few meters and take up more slack on the end in target tree (or branch of it) and your there!

Take care up there Derek

Neat little gizmo, Derek.

No laughing on my end. If it works for you, then wear it out!

I could use something like that, once in a while.

spiderman hook

I'll get this whole group done with out touching the ground.
The one im in here i will keep as my "mother tree" The trees on the right wont hit my line. Take the heads off them, then go down and take them of at height - and if your real brave disconect from finisihed tree off and swing into group on left. As long as you have a pole strap at full extension ready to snap round target ,your fine!!! If not go back via ropes then disconect and re play the process. You would be amazed how accurett it is. Finally the "Soft" hooks mean they will pull straight if it does get hooked up on something, then just bend them back by hand.

Its a handy lowering system to. When useing it to pull branches away from lines,i clip it to tree (not me) and let them fall! the hooks will straighten (but mostly gravitiy works) Do the hooks on the posted pic The nice looking one straiten out???

Be care full up there Regards Derek.

P.S sorry its big.

still trying to re size, hope ive got it this time.
The program im useing as suggested,"irfanveiw" is great after all.
thought i saved them properly but still seem to go out wrong.
Tried mspaint,adobe photo work shop, micro soft search found lot for xp, but where stil in the bush w windows 2000. Every thing (pictures) my wife had on this cpu has been turned into a red splotch via "infranveiw"Sorry glens, still not going to your extreams... see how it goes stay safe. Derek

Latest posts

Back