any wireless or other type remote temp gauge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronmach1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I would like to try to find somthing for my dad to monitor the temp in his barn or even his wood burner flue temps from inside his house. The house is about 1oo yards from the house. Is this possible?

Look at the weather stations designed to show indoor/outdoor temperatures. The "outdoor" is a radio signal so all you would need to worry about would be range. The transmitter on mine lasts about 6 months on a simple AA battery.

That's what I had in my chicken's house when I had chickens. Was handy to keep an eye on temp, especially on the real cold days.

I never thought of BBQ thermometers. GENIUS!!!

On the new stove build I told the neighbor I wanted multiple pyrometer gauges mounted so I could keep an eye on things.

I like the idea of a slab of lcd readouts hanging on the wall that I can read in the comfort of my own house while in my PJ's even better.

But maybe I'll convince him for both. I mean having a bunch of autometer dials mounted on the stove would be cool. Just have to double the bungs.

Yep. Don't hold out.

I used a project computer called raspberry pi so i could monitor my temps remotely. This definitely wasn't easy but it does allow me to check temps from anywhere via my smart phone. Here's a screenshot of the web interface ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451227773.459468.jpg once i figured out the code and how to write it adding sensors was pretty easy so i added the water heater and supply and return temps for the air handling unit for the heck of it. But the boiler was the main thing i wanted. This also was not that expensive i did it for around $75 the online tutorials i used can be found at
http://projects.privateeyepi.com/

Back