Any wood sellers here dealing w/E A B

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Ohio they have been pretty proactive with the public awareness and quarantined counties have their boarders posted with warnings to violators. I have a friend who violated the quarantine by bringing hardwood into a non quarantined county and he behaved like his chances of getting caught were slim to none. I have not heard of anyone getting jerked out of line but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I wonder if the law would go after the family man hauling wood back to his house or go after the big logging trucks. Dunno.:dunno:

In Ohio they have been pretty proactive with the public awareness and quarantined counties have their boarders posted with warnings to violators. I have a friend who violated the quarantine by bringing hardwood into a non quarantined county and he behaved like his chances of getting caught were slim to none. I have not heard of anyone getting jerked out of line but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I wonder if the law would go after the family man hauling wood back to his house or go after the big logging trucks. Dunno.:dunno:

If they enforce it like every other like law in Ohio they will fine the crap out of a few each year just so everyone will know they will do it and hope that is enough to keep most people in line. One of the signs coming into my county was knocked down by the mowing crews and they didnt even bother to put it back up yet. I think the state is just pumping their chests anyway, another law that does nothing but add laws. The big line sevice companies criss cross this state like the flys with their trucks and chippers, what the heck is the differance between hauling ERB in firewood or a chipper truck? Oh, I know, they clean the trucks and chippers before they go,, YA RIGHT!

Latest posts

Back