Anybody got any spare drawers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunter: Why are you putting on track shoes?

Guide: Because we're in Grizzly country

Hunter: HAHAHA! You think you can out run a Grizzly?

Guide: Don't need to outrun no Grizzly... just outrun you.

:laugh:

Gary

around here bear sighting always make the news and there a protected species in Ohio so if you shoot on your in hot water

Went over to my Son's to take him my Shinny to use for a while. Went down to look at the cattle. I was standing in front of my truck, turned around to get in, and there stood a 2000 lb Black Bear. Well' it looked that big anyway. my old 60 year old butt was motoring to the other side of the truck to get in it. Ruined a perfectly good pair of drawers. S^&t he scared it out of me. I'm to old for this crap.

So where are you in Virginia? Sounds like he may be the twin of the one I saw back on Jan.14th up in the Shenandoah Nat'l Park. I'm a volunteer trail overseer and it was late in the day, cold, wind blowing pretty good, light snow showers. I was heading back to the trailhead, reached down to remove some small branches and I started to hear something coming. As I stood up there was a huge black bear coming from my left front which suddenly ran off to my right side. I didn't have time to do anything, just stood there as my bladder emptied down my leg. I could hear him off to the side but couldn't see him. After a few minutes I started talking calmly and slowly walked on down the trail.

Most of my pic's are on 35mm a dig is to slow for me but I will try and get a pic of two young grizzlies I met once out on a wood cutting trip.
They were young and curious just kicked out by Mom I will try and see if I can scan it or take a dig photo of a photo?
But note these pics were taken out of the truck!

bears in the snow

I hope this works I took a pic of a 35mm pic as my scanner is giving me problems. Two young grizz out for a walk. In the 35mm pic you can see they are only 30yards from me.
I did my best to show the bears it did not work out that well but you can see them. Nice blonde grizzlies I hope to see one of them when they are 10 years old.

Last edited:
Michigan still has bear in lower half. I have not heard of any below US 10,but I guess they could be. The Boy Scout camp I worked at was between Grayling and Kalkaska. I heard they still have a few roaming around there. The joke I remember the best is this one.

Hunter: So I am running as fast as I can, the bear gets right to my butt and slips. Gets up and is right on me again, then slips and falls again.

Friend: Man I would have crapped my pants.

Hunter: What do you think he was slipping on?

Since we are on bear stories here, I was on a fishing trip with my best friend near lesser Slave lake about 8 years ago, My buddies Sister was a park ranger and she warned us about the bear problem at the campground we stayed at. She said the bears were aggressive and even bear repelant might not be a good idea. I smiled and said my repellent has been proven since 1895.Her response to her brother was don't let him shoot anything!!!( my buddy did not get it)
It was funny at the time as I would rather just let the big ole bear be and do what comes natural to him, she new that having known me for 15 years and knew I would not kill one unless it was a real threat.. Anyway we had a bear in the campground all 100lbs of him .
The ranger that was looking after that area was freaking out! warning the other two camping groups lol It was one of those you had to be there things.
I did however see a black bear crossing a road once that at first I thought was a cow!!! Three day's after bear season ended,DAM!

Walked out of my house at 3am to start the truck to leave for Emporia for the week a couple months ago and looked across the street at the rodeo pens that are lighted most the time. Saw a mountain lion slinking across the drainage ditch towards the creek and trees west of my house. I fired that truck up and ran back to the house. When I came back to load my luggage and tools I had my pistol with me. I called Fish and Game the next day and got the same old routine that there isnt any mountain lions-cougars-etc. in Kansas. Thats the biggest line of :censored: I ever heard.

I lived by a small community in Kansas in 76, Bushong . I was cutting wood along the creek bottom and saw a big cat going along the creek. The old timer that was with me called it a Puma. The conservation department tells us that mountain lions don't exist in the part of Missouri I live in now, but the people around are carrying high powers because we have them. There has been several sightings and one was around where small children live. The conservation aren't beyond planting things where the deer population is high and not declaring the release. They do stress, however the species is protected.

If they don't exist in MO, Then how could you possibly be charged with shooting one.:clap:

Fred

Next time just spit in his eye. I have had a similar experiences and those are one of the few times I was really scared. I had one charge me at night stop 6 feet away and stare me and my girfriend down for 2 minutes then walked away.

The crap in my old drawers, and the near heart attack. Harmless nothing. I now carry my old '06 with me all the time.
Shoot
Shovel
Shut-up

They're not grizzlies. I run into black bears all the time while hiking. They are more scared of me than I am of them.

Doesn't mean that the '06 isn't good insurance though. ;)

Latest posts

Back