Anybody know about this stove?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I don't, but here is your photo.

262290d1352937792-209-jpeg

Thank you. I tried for 1/2 hour to get that picture to take.
this is on the woodstove door -Finlandia-

The rust is not as bad as it looks in the picture. its an older stove not airtight no cat
just a baffle

Your stove was manufactured in Finland by a company called Harvia Oy. I sold some of them back in the 80's and if I recall they ceased importation due to the EPA regs that were levied on stoves.

I know they still make wood fired sauna hot steam rock heaters, not sure if they market a proprietary stand alone stove anymore.

I traded a trailer of ash, little less then a cord for the stove and $50.00.
Its a nice big stove 34" wide x 24" deep about the same high as it is wide.

The all-nighter little moe I have in my shop is a bit too small, the Finland will be replacing or added to the shop. one for each end depending on the needs.

If the Finland works good in the shop, the all-nighter will be headed to the small tractor barn.

Last edited:
As I recall they weren't lightweights in terms of durability and steel content, right up there with the Earth Stove's and Blaze Kings of the era.

Lately I have seen a never ending supply of the above mentioned stoves in my area at really bargain prices that need nothing more than some new firebrick and a quick sandblast and paint job to give them a new lease on life.

Hope that takes care of your shop ND, stay warm and cozy this winter with it.

As we were installing the stove today we started looking at how it was put together.
We decided we could dismantle the top cover in little over an hour and have a new top bent to the same shape as the one on their with 2 simple bends, the top looks like it was made from 1/8 steel, were looking into ¼” steel plate real simple process, 2 bends.

While were their we will add a fresh air baffle/manifold, more of smoke ledge box with holes that bring air in from outside the stove, also use some thick steel, my brother said we could just use pipe. It would be easier and cheaper, plus the pipe could be made to be replaced. What do you guys think

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 262381View attachment 262382

Back