Anybody know what the retail price was on a Stihl 441 non-M-tronic model?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s219

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I had a friend try to buy a 441 M-tronic today, but the store could not get it started so he left without a saw. Now he's got cold feet about the M-tronic gizmo features and wants to find a regular 441. I really like M-tronic myself, but I see his point -- that's a bunch of technology that could break and we'd be helpless to fix it. A regular 441 is entirely fixable by normal humans.

From what I can tell, they stopped selling that non-M-tronic model for 2012. I found a 2011 non-M-tronic model at a local dealer, and assume it's a leftover. Problem is, they didn't have a price listed and we don't know what the retail price was on that model. It's no longer on Stihl's website. Anybody remember the price?

For reference, the 2012 M-tronic model prices at $915 here with a 25" bar. I am guessing the non-M-tronic model should be at least $40-50 lower, if not more.

Also, do you think he can haggle for a discount since it's a leftover 2011 saw that was discontinued? The fact that it didn't have a price tag, and the weekend gal at the counter couldn't look it up, makes me think that maybe this would be the deal of the century if we know a fair offer to make.

I have been running a 441 M-tronic and like it. I assume the non-M-tronic model will run about the same except for maybe some fuel/air/spark optimizations from the electronics.

thanks,

The MTronic is a way better saw than the old model you tune model,better torque,fuel,less fumes,no tune.easy start system.:msp_smile:
$1750 in Ozz

Last edited:
My local dealer priced me one with a 20'' bar for $769 about a year or so ago but I found mine on Craigslist barely used for $450. I haven't been by there lately to see if they have any old models left over. I'd say they do because most loggers around here don't like them and run 460s exclusively.

Back