Anybody running a Husqvarna 353?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Gave my 353 a good workout today. I cut a dying oak that was approximately 18" in diameter. Cut it all up in firewood length. Cutting firewood in NW Florida this time of year is not fun! I was soaking wet when I was done.

I did a base gasket delete and added a 288xp deflector to the side of the muffler. This saw flat gets it now!

I am running a .16" 325 bar and chain.

Anybody else running a 353?

Ran my father's 353 this last week for 12 tanks and all oak and Doug fir... Saw has a 20" bar and I may have given it a little muffler mod :) Very solid saw and keeps on going... Not a ported 254/55/2250 but very happy with it!

The 353 I got from you and rebuilt. Is still running and cutting with the scored piston that was in it. Was just a test to see how bad of a scored piston I could clean up and reuse.
Modded the CAT muffler too.
My friend the new owner wont let me put the new piston kit I have had for it for years now. If I didnt tell someone it was scored P you wouldnt know it running it. ;)
Also set up with 16" 325 66DL.

My Dad runs a good little 353 as his primary saw now, as he doesn't work with big trees much anymore for firewood..... He has a little Shindaiwa 377 as his other little limbing saw, so a good little team for wood smaller than 18 inches diameter.

I told him I want to do a 346 top end swap with some mods for him when he moves up here to Denver, as he will appreciate the extra power.

Back