Anyone ever buy or use a LogOx multi tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Cowboy254 , paging @Cowboy254 that wood Chuck tool looks like yours.

Hello! Yes, that's the one I've got. Very useful in the right situation, mostly for lifting long logs up for cutting and it saves a heap of time since you don't have to roll them over and cut the other side and saves you risking cutting dirt with the log on the ground. Not to mention a more comfortable cutting height.

16th Jul 5.jpg

I also use mine to manoeuvre big rounds on occasion. I cut the mid-section of that big eucalypt the other day - it was branch stubs in dirt either side - and got two nice rounds (330kg each) but then couldn't move them out of the way, but I was able to roll them out with the log jack. Otherwise it would have been a real pain. I don't use it every time I cut but I always have it with me.

I have the woodchuck dual peavey/cant hook with the log jack. It's a very good tool but for normal firewood cutting, most "gadgets" are just unnecessary. It's faster to cut and roll but the jack really helps for breaking down big logs into more manageable lengths. My best tool so far has been simply realizing I'm not 20 anymore. I stretch before I start cutting and I break the big stuff down with the saw. Don't get me wrong. I really like the woodchuck and jack but gadgets can't trump aging.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Hello all. Just saw this on Baily's Online. Never heard of a LogOx.
Has anyone ever tried one? I blew my back out 3 weeks ago tryng to lift a round outside of my age bracket. This looks attractive. Check it out.

https://www.thelogox.com/pages/about-us

Thanks. G

Hi Gkiesel,

My name is Austin Roberts and I'm one of the Co-Founders and General Manager of the LogOX. We are a family owned small business and make the LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry MultiTool you mentioned in the USA, with our manufacturing partners Swisher Inc. I would certainly recommend giving your back enough time to heal adequately prior to any further heavy lifting, but once you're ready to get back after it, I think you would find our tool to be quite useful. The LogOX Hauler allows you to engage, lift, and move log rounds off the ground, without the back strain of repeatedly bending over. This a great for centralizing log rounds, loading a splitter directly or for hooking and dragging larger log rounds over to either a vertical splitter or hydraulic log lift.
As you can see from the photo below, the LogOX can also be quickly converted into a 38" cant hook or timberjack, and then disassembled to fit inside a 28" bag. We also make some handy accessories for it, like a pickaroon attachment for the cant handle extension (making it into a 4-in-1 tool) and a Hauler holster, to keep your hands free while loading a splitter. You can check out this overview video to learn more:

I'd also be happy to answer any additional questions. We're working on getting our Arboristsite sponsor forum page setup, and I'll also be posting more info and links there.

Thanks,

Austin

Attachments

• LogOX 3 Tool Composite .png
    LogOX 3 Tool Composite .png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Hi Gkiesel,

My name is Austin Roberts and I'm one of the Co-Founders and General Manager of the LogOX. We are a family owned small business and make the LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry MultiTool you mentioned in the USA, with our manufacturing partners Swisher Inc. I would certainly recommend giving your back enough time to heal adequately prior to any further heavy lifting, but once you're ready to get back after it, I think you would find our tool to be quite useful. The LogOX Hauler allows you to engage, lift, and move log rounds off the ground, without the back strain of repeatedly bending over. This a great for centralizing log rounds, loading a splitter directly or for hooking and dragging larger log rounds over to either a vertical splitter or hydraulic log lift.
As you can see from the photo below, the LogOX can also be quickly converted into a 38" cant hook or timberjack, and then disassembled to fit inside a 28" bag. We also make some handy accessories for it, like a pickaroon attachment for the cant handle extension (making it into a 4-in-1 tool) and a Hauler holster, to keep your hands free while loading a splitter. You can check out this overview video to learn more:

I'd also be happy to answer any additional questions. We're working on getting our Arboristsite sponsor forum page setup, and I'll also be posting more info and links there.

Thanks,

Austin

Thanks for the info Austin. It's always nice to see a company/manufacturer interact with it's customers. Good luck with the business!

Thanks for the info Austin. It's always nice to see a company/manufacturer interact with it's customers. Good luck with the business!

You're very welcome Brian, thanks for saying so! I'm always happy to talk with folks and answer questions about how the LogOX can help make harvesting firewood faster, easier, and a lot less painful. We'll be at the Homesteaders of America Conference tomorrow (10/14) in Warrenton, VA giving demonstrations, if anyone's attending feel free to stop by and try it out for yourself. You can also visit us at www.thelogox.com to learn more.

Latest posts

Back