Anyone from Maine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpzaf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm taking the Utility Aborists exam very soon and was hoping someone could help me narrow down what to study. I heard that they have changed it this year.

Thanks

I asked another guy and he told me about how it was last year; The utility test had questions from all
aspects from storm work, pruning, customer service,
pesticide use and storage etc...I has been about an
year and a half since I took the test, the book
provided by the ISA was not as usefull as the book for
the certified arborist test. I found this test was
harder to study for, for the certifed arborist test
most of the knowledge I did not have came from reading
the book. On the Utility test I found that I had to
have the knowledge from experience and from reading
other materials and could not rely on the study guide
to help me much. should
be able to pass the test with a little more study on
safety around the high voltage lines and probably
knowledge of the electrical equipment and how it all
works together. Some of the rules for working in
trees around high voltage lines are different than the
ones for trees not around high voltage lines. I wish
I could help you more but this is all that I remeber
about the test. I wish you good luck.

Treeseer

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go over my EHAP stuff for sure.

I'm nervous because I have not been at this for very long. I'm pretty "book smart", so I've been reading all the study guides I've been given. I'm worried that alot of material will be more experience related.

How do you think it would compare to the EHAP test?

Newfie-

I was born in MA and was smart enough to get out;) .
Thanks anyway...

I have sold my tree service here in Falmouth but can't say much about the tests as I took mine back in 63 which was combination of tree work and spraying. Long before the Stupid Pesticide control board was formed which in my idea is a wase of money. actually The Arborist examing Board in maine is also a waste. I have complained over the years about people in business with out licenses and this blow you off. I complained a couple of years ago about 2 companies in the portland area and they nothing about it. If you deal with them you'll find out.

Steve-Maine said:
I have sold my tree service here in Falmouth but can't say much about the tests as I took mine back in 63 which was combination of tree work and spraying. Long before the Stupid Pesticide control board was formed which in my idea is a wase of money. actually The Arborist examing Board in maine is also a waste. I have complained over the years about people in business with out licenses and this blow you off. I complained a couple of years ago about 2 companies in the portland area and they nothing about it. If you deal with them you'll find out.

I can't honestly say that I've heard anyone say anything nice about the board.:confused:

Back