Anyone have a parts list for Homelite????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Termite42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to get a Fuel Cap for my 1975 Homelite Super XL Automatic. Does anyone have a parts list or the part number for it. The saw still runs great but while I put 9 1/2 hours on it last weekend the cap started leaking out the vent so I could not cut with the saw horizontally without the gas spurting out all over the place.:help: :help:

Just to mention chainsr does not support arboristsite at all there are two of us sponsors on here that sell Homelite nos parts my question is why does folks tell new folks to go to a different site for when they know we are here ?

calvin

Just to mention chainsr does not support arboristsite at all there are two of us sponsors on here that sell Homelite nos parts my question is why does folks tell new folks to go to a different site for when they know we are here ?

calvin

Calvin, I just tried your links and they did not work for me. I am interested in XL-12 parts.

Calvin, I just tried your links and they did not work for me. I am interested in XL-12 parts.

hmmm they work for me urbicide besides what parts we need ? keep in mind new site has updated products in it new items that will be going live on friday this week
the way the site looks right now wont be like that friday

the store works better with firefox or ie netscape is a tricky one and aol i think can be not so sure of all i know is some browsers will not let our site work i just tryed it on firefox and it has no problems

Last edited:
Thanks everyone and boy was that fast. Awnmowertech37 I will be contacting your sit for the part.
This is a good site to belong too! I have never got an answer so fast.
Thanks again everyone and I will beck for more or to help if I can.
Jerry:chainsawguy:

BTW, you don't really need to buy a new fuel cap. If ya look at the IPL, you'll see there's a "check valve" and "fuel cap filter". The fuel cap filter is a piece of porous metal that is pressed into the plastic on the fuel cap. Behind this is the check valve which is the same as the "duck bill" you may have heard discussed in varius other posts. If the cap's leaking (and assuming its not the gasket) the problem is simply the check valve has deteriated. These are cheaper than buying the whole new cap.

Dan

He asked for an IPL. I told him where to find one. That is where I go. I will check your site out today, Calvin. Didn't mean to cause a problem.

I have IE. I picked up the XL-12 and haven't spent but a few minutes playing with it. It has plenty of spark but the fuel side is going to require some attention. Do you have an ipl? The serial # is 31250214. Thanks.

Ah, that would cause it to leak! 69451 and 69454 are seperate parts that are out there... it may be easier to go ahead and get a new cap.

Dan

That is what I thought. It must have vibrated out while I was using it last weekend. I have had this saw for 33 years and this is the first problem I have had with it. Thanks again. Jerry

No problem

He asked for an IPL. I told him where to find one. That is where I go. I will check your site out today, Calvin. Didn't mean to cause a problem.

No problem i was not aware of the ipl i did not know they had ipls on there im sorry if i was rude which i never intended to be thats not the way i is i think this economy has everyone on the edge of there seats sorta speak it does me all these bill collectors wish they can get in our shoes for one week instead of being behind there so called desk and phone line then they would understand folks that are having financial situations i speak for everyone on that note cause i know im not the only one hurting in the economy gas war and now soon to be food war prices

take care and sorry if i sounded ruid to you cause i did not mean to be

calvin
on the cap question

oh yes you really dont need the complete cap assembly there should be a 69451 is a check valve that should be why your cap is leaking is the check valve now i dont think the gasket 69501 is bad but could be there is also a filter on that cap part # 69454

now its possible i may have it then again i may not i would have to check but check with kyle also to see if he has that part on hand or you can also check with the other sponsors i think there are a few more that carry homelite

but not sure of it

if you need a complete cap its possible the super xl ao big red cap which is different part # than a regualr sxlao cap is may just work its only thing different i think is the color of the cap

Last edited:
No problem i was not aware of the ipl i did not know they had ipls on there im sorry if i was rude which i never intended to be thats not the way i is i think this economy has everyone on the edge of there seats sorta speak it does me all these bill collectors wish they can get in our shoes for one week instead of being behind there so called desk and phone line then they would understand folks that are having financial situations i speak for everyone on that note cause i know im not the only one hurting in the economy gas war and now soon to be food war prices

take care and sorry if i sounded ruid to you cause i did not mean to be

calvin
on the cap question

oh yes you really dont need the complete cap assembly there should be a 69451 is a check valve that should be why your cap is leaking is the check valve now i dont think the gasket 69501 is bad but could be there is also a filter on that cap part # 69454

now its possible i may have it then again i may not i would have to check but check with kyle also to see if he has that part on hand or you can also check with the other sponsors i think there are a few more that carry homelite

but not sure of it

if you need a complete cap its possible the super xl ao big red cap which is different part # than a regualr sxlao cap is may just work its only thing different i think is the color of the cap

The parts 69451 and 69454 are gone. If I could find them I could replace them but if not I will need the cap with them in it.

I just went to your site and asked for the cap but I will go back and see about the other two numbers.

Jerry

I have IE. I picked up the XL-12 and haven't spent but a few minutes playing with it. It has plenty of spark but the fuel side is going to require some attention. Do you have an ipl? The serial # is 31250214. Thanks.
yea i have ipls in my old homelite book if there is no ut # on the saw then that tells me its a older version of a xl12
the best way to tell is on the manual oil pump plunger is there 1 or 2 o rings on it ?

if there is 2 then that is the older version and yes i have ipl for it

also if it is a 1 o ring on it then it is the newer version which you can look at the ipl on my cmengineparts.com site

but come october this year that site will no longer be available im shutting it down i will have ipls on my other site i have which will be linked from the store homepage

calvin

The parts 69451 and 69454 are gone. If I could find them I could replace them but if not I will need the cap with them in it.

I just went to your site and asked for the cap but I will go back and see about the other two numbers.

Jerry

69451 is a duck bill valve which i have plenty of

69454 i will see if i have that filter

Back