Anyone have any experience with twin cylinder Onan engines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least ya found it. My Onan charging system was always very sensitive to dirty or corroded connections. Usually once a year, I would have to disconnect every connection, clean and reassemble with proper grease. Fixed it every time.

I'm getting good voltage from the alternator, 30vac or so. I replaced all the connectors, soldered everything. Everything indicates thw regulator is dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Glad plugs seemed to fix it!

I've got onan p series twins on my wheel horse tractors, I've been through 4 or 5 of them all with the same problem. First they start bouncing around at idle then start missing over time but still seem to run great at full throttle.

Over time the wear on the valvetrain tends to make the valves tighten up and hold open a little. If left alone it will throw a valve seat. Because of this they need valve adjustments every couple hundred hours. Onan said every 500 hours, a lot of guys like them sooner than that.

If the problem comes back that's what I would check.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Glad plugs seemed to fix it!

I've got onan p series twins on my wheel horse tractors, I've been through 4 or 5 of them all with the same problem. First they start bouncing around at idle then start missing over time but still seem to run great at full throttle.

Over time the wear on the valvetrain tends to make the valves tighten up and hold open a little. If left alone it will throw a valve seat. Because of this they need valve adjustments every couple hundred hours. Onan said every 500 hours, a lot of guys like them sooner than that.

If the problem comes back that's what I would check.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Understood, I will definitely keep it in mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Back