Anyone have any Mobile 1 2-stroke synthetic left?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fiddled with that kind of thing, but the problem is a little gas or oil on your hands make the marker lines smear, fade and disappear.

Do you think Stihl puts extra oil in their bottles to account for what remains inside when you pour? Probably not.

Ideally, I'd like to have a pump similar to what's on hand soap container that you could screw onto a quart or gallon jug that would squirt out the required amount.

Ian

You guys are unbelievable! I'm so very happy that I joined up, you're all an asset to my learning......................:dizzy:

Glad you like the looney bin here. Welcome to AS.
Don't get psycho on us though! ;)

A word of warning: When I started on this site, I was using an Echo 3000 TH, and a Stihl 290.
I now run premium gas in my saws with spendy premix oil, I have TWO 361s, I have CAD, and well,
it is a disease.

Last edited:
Ideally, I'd like to have a pump similar to what's on hand soap container that you could screw onto a quart or gallon jug that would squirt out the required amount.

I think you're on to something here, Ian. West System markets pumps as you describe that screw onto their epoxy resin and hardener cans. One pump of hardener and one pump of resin into your mixing cup and you've got perfect epoxy.

The resin pump in a West System 300 series metering pump set does about 2/3oz per stroke. (the hardener pumps do 1/3 or 1/5 as much as the resin pump, so I'll just ignore them)
At 48:1, you'd be pumping the resin pump one stroke per quart of gasoline. I believe the epoxy cans that they are designed to screw onto are the same as quart and gallon steel brake fluid cans, but I haven't verified that.

http://www.westsystem.com/webpages/productinfo/guide/index.htm#epoxydispensers
http://www.westsystem.com/

I never trust the graduated lines on the bottle. Ratio-rite cup or a small measuring cup from walmart are far more accurate. Oh, and I splash a little of the premix into the cup and swish it around before pouring it right back into the batch.

Jus' sayin'

Last edited:
Yah, Mobil 2T synthetic. I am looking for 3-6 bottles I guess. Enough to get me through the winter cutting season.

Anyone found a good replacement for this stuff? Echo seems to be the only synthetic that I can find with a JASO FD rating. Castrol 2T dyno oil smokes too much, and that is just about all they sell around here any more (other than 20 types of TWC-3 outboard engine oil, which is no good for chainsaws).

Go to a snowmachine shop and pick up some Polaris VES.

Yamalube 2R should be available anywhere, I used it after running out of 2T. Under 10 bucks a quart.

Back