anyone in northern Utah or Southern Idaho?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m37

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been lurking in the milling threads for a while and am wanting to learn more I would like to actually see some mills working (not just on the internet). I am debating on an Alaskan mill but keep getting told that band saw mills are the way to go. I live in northern Utah.

Check out Urban Hardwood Products in Logan:
Milling and Wood Sales | Urban Hardwood Products, Inc. | Furniture Store Logan, UT
708 W 1800 N, Logan, UT 84321
(435) 752-5851

They are out by Cache Valley Cheese/Bridgerland/Flying J. They have a big yard full of wood the street crews and others cut and they turn them into all sorts of stuff (I guess they do a lot of furniture/cabinets now by the look of their site). Not sure what they are milling with but you'd be better for the visit as I once was many years back whilst going to school in Logan. Can't even remember now why I went...but I remember he showed me handgun presentation boxes they were making for a customer that were nice.

I checked them out and drove past the place they had very little wood siting around. But there was a woodmizer sitting out side. I will go back when someone is there.
Thank you

I went and talked to the guy. He was willing to show me things he can make, but as soon as I told him that I wanted to get a mill, he started trying to get me to bring things to him to mill. When I told him it was more of a hobby, then he got rude and very short. He would not talk about mills at all and said he had to get to go.
He made a point to tell me that he had the first woodmzer around and that everyone was stealing his business, he even trashed on one of the other mill operators in the valley.

Back