Anyone know of an axe and hatchet forum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys hit there feet when it is done wrong, don't be afraid. Get some good protection (chainmaille socks or booties with a metal srap underneith) and try it out. When everything is lined up ( head, shoulders, hips, knees, feet) the axe has nowhere to go but directly between your feet. Practice on round wood, not that square crap we chop around here. It's really tough to slice 'n dice your feet on a big stick, especially after you put in your opening blows.

Chopwood said:
Guys hit there feet when it is done wrong, don't be afraid. Get some good protection (chainmaille socks or booties with a metal srap underneith) and try it out. When everything is lined up ( head, shoulders, hips, knees, feet) the axe has nowhere to go but directly between your feet. Practice on round wood, not that square crap we chop around here. It's really tough to slice 'n dice your feet on a big stick, especially after you put in your opening blows.

Preach on!!! Ain't that the truth. Absolutely nothing to be afraid of, that way you've got no excuses. The invention of chainmail socks has paved the way for people to actually hit a log hard without any fear. I reccommend them to everyone who's learning to chop. You can't go wrong.

Peace,
Jamie

chop

Well, I went to Chris' tonite, and He started me chopping, if you can call it that. Put on the metal toes and shin guards. Actually took out some chips.

Andy, the blade is great. With some practice, I will get off last place now.
May see you at Grizzly's, but my son gets married on July 2nd.

Back