Anyone know the New Compression on a ms361 or ms290?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you need to pull too hard. Just pull.

The 361 I just bought was said to have 165lbs compression. Thats bone stack with no mods.

I don't want to see anything less than 140 in a modern saw. Some Husky 372s are an exception to the rule. Some of them don't have as high of compression, even when new. That's just how they are.

Whats common for a 372? Mines right about 125...pretty new saw, not used much at all...

Something is up. I get 120-130 on a like new ms361. It cuts hands down quicker then my 290 farm boss. I even used some teflon tape to seal the compression guage better and still only get the 120-130. I did it yesterday and was worried the guy straight gassed it and today cut with it. My guage has to be fubar...

I rather pull the muffler and look. I have seen alot of saws with scored pistons l blow over 140 on a good guage.

Whats common for a 372? Mines right about 125...pretty new saw, not used much at all...

The 372xpw I had was 135 lbs broke in and 155 with no base gasket and squish down around .020. Differences in gauges and elevation will also change readings.

Something is up. I get 120-130 on a like new ms361. It cuts hands down quicker then my 290 farm boss. I even used some teflon tape to seal the compression guage better and still only get the 120-130. I did it yesterday and was worried the guy straight gassed it and today cut with it. My guage has to be fubar...
This might be your problem, LINK.

The 372xpw I had was 135 lbs broke in and 155 with no base gasket and squish down around .020. Differences in gauges and elevation will also change readings.
That's not uncommon on that model.

mY 660 blows around 155. I hear that is on the top end for them, which is good for me.:clap:

My 260 hits around 150.

My old 066 is 15 yrs old and was blowing 150 before I sold it. Original jug/slug.:) Wish I would have kept it, but at least I kept it in the family.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back